1925 hyd return line leak

/ 1925 hyd return line leak #1  

patclem

Tractor
NH 1925 and a Ferguson TO20
I’ve changed #11 twice and I can’t get it to stop leaking. Very little is leaking through the weep hole. Any advice is appreciated before I start spitting the tractor.

BTW if anyone needs a page photo out of any of the service manuals, I have them all for the 1530/1630/1725/1925, etc.

B8984228-E2A0-44B8-A8AC-5918B7C12F64.jpeg
C3532557-5447-461F-B373-43745B58303F.jpeg

/ 1925 hyd return line leak #2  
I have never succeeded, on first try, with replacing a worn tractor hydraulic o-ring with a new one that 'looks' just like the worn one. I get multiple sizes and thickness of o-rings that are close to the worn size and try each of them until it stops leaking.

/ 1925 hyd return line leak #3  
Are you sure the line isn't bent slightly?

/ 1925 hyd return line leak
Sorry for the delayed visit back here. The hydraulic line is not perfectly positioned. I've tried to bend it to relieve any strain on it. Do you have any tips on how to get it perfect?

I have never succeeded, on first try, with replacing a worn tractor hydraulic o-ring
Thanks for that. The first time I used the genuine $9 o-ring from NH. The second try I found it's a P16? or something like that. I don't have the size handy. I think I have the right size.

/ 1925 hyd return line leak #6  
Sorry for the delayed visit back here. The hydraulic line is not perfectly positioned. I've tried to bend it to relieve any strain on it. Do you have any tips on how to get it perfect?
Remove the end with the banjo bolt and try with Channel locks or another wrench to bend until it fits squarely on both ends. You could try some heat towards the middle to get it to bend easier. Heat at the fittings might loosen up the solder/braze joint.

One last question if you don't mind me asking, which way does the fluid flow? Could the filter be stopped up and causing back pressure at this fitting (if it flows towards the filter)? I haven't changed the filter since all this started.

/ 1925 hyd return line leak #8  
I believe, but not sure, that it goes through the filter, then through that line into the case.