1802D

/ 1802D #1  

trentay

Bronze Member
Anyone out there have an 1802D? Anyone with an opinion about it one way or the other? Parts problems? Hard to get parts? Being a Yanmar its got to be mostly good, but I have heard rumors about some hard parts being unavailable new for some models, like front axles for the 1500D and stuff like that so I thought I would try for a slightly different model with a little more power.

Saw one for sale in pretty nice shape but I have not got the price yet. Any input would be appreciated.

TIA,

Trent.

/ 1802D #2  
Better front end part availability than the YM1500

/ 1802D #3  
It will have a lot in common with the US YM220D. That should make parts easier to get. I have had a couple YM1820D tractors and have had no problem getting anything I needed. So far the current limiter is the common problem.

/ 1802D
What the heck is a current limiter, is that like a voltage regulator? Why is it a problem and why is it hard to get?

/ 1802D #5  
It is a voltage regulator. It isn't hard to get.

/ 1802D #6  
I just got a 1802d about 3 wks ago and I am really impressed with it.. it has alot more power than I even dreamed of. I got a 5ft finish mower, a 5ft heavy duty grader blade and a 4ft 910lb roller for it. I put turf's on the back , front still have originals on and they dont hurt sod if not locked in 4WD. I started doing some work on it today.. the only thing I have found faulty is 1 broken bolt on left side rear fender. and also the only one I found tack welded , had to remove rear fender to get grinder in to remove weld.. took maybe 20 min. to remove and replace ( I love air power tools) and the foot throttle sticks I removed bottom bolt thinking it was there ( this is after spraying with WD40 that didnt help.. found it was the upper linkage.. putting lower linkage back on was a pain because of parking brake spring.. will remove and clean up upper linkage in the morning .. also found that this tractor has a removeable screen in front of radiator thatkeeps alot of trash out of radiator.. I like that as I was mowing field and picked up alot of old seeds and leaves on screen .. its alot easier to clean than radiator.. bsicly its a great little compact everyone should have one ;-)

/ 1802D #7  
I just got a 1802d about 3 wks ago and I am really impressed with it.. it has alot more power than I even dreamed of. I got a 5ft finish mower, a 5ft heavy duty grader blade and a 4ft 910lb roller for it. I put turf's on the back , front still have originals on and they dont hurt sod if not locked in 4WD. I started doing some work on it today.. the only thing I have found faulty is 1 broken bolt on left side rear fender. and also the only one I found tack welded , had to remove rear fender to get grinder in to remove weld.. took maybe 20 min. to remove and replace ( I love air power tools) and the foot throttle sticks I removed bottom bolt thinking it was there ( this is after spraying with WD40 that didnt help.. found it was the upper linkage.. putting lower linkage back on was a pain because of parking brake spring.. will remove and clean up upper linkage in the morning .. also found that this tractor has a removeable screen in front of radiator thatkeeps alot of trash out of radiator.. I like that as I was mowing field and picked up alot of old seeds and leaves on screen .. its alot easier to clean than radiator.. basicly its a great little compact everyone should have one ;-)