Oil & Fuel 1782 Diesel Radiator Plugs Quickly.Please Help!!!

/ 1782 Diesel Radiator Plugs Quickly.Please Help!!! #11  
Justin, I'm wondering if this is just the nature of the beast. After about 6hrs of use on my 2544, I've noticed that it gets dustier than a mofo under the hood as well!! Much dirtier than the other LT/GT's I've owned. From what I can see, the cylinder head fins stay clean, but the shrouds, heat sheilds, firewall and engine get a coating of fine dust with every mowing, and it's far from dusty in western NY!
G/luck
Joel

/ 1782 Diesel Radiator Plugs Quickly.Please Help!!! #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hello again: Yes the fan on this tractor is working right the fan draws air from the rear side of the radiator and blows it across the engine this tractor is set-up backward as to the norm. The radiator sits behind the engine not in front. )</font>

OK, that makes sense now. It IS sucking outside air through the radiator and blowing it over the engine. I didn't picture the radiator being behind and not in the front of the tractor.

Bob B.

/ 1782 Diesel Radiator Plugs Quickly.Please Help!!! #13  
Justin, I have a 1572 Cub with a Kubota. It is a 1987 model, a few years older than yours, but is designed the same. On the front of the radiator there is a fine mesh screen that should be cleaned before each use. In dusty condition's you will have to clean it more often. Also, don't clean it with the engine running, the dirt will fall into the radiator.

/ 1782 Diesel Radiator Plugs Quickly.Please Help!!! #14  
I had the same unit and had exactly the same problem. It's a poor design, as the mid mount mower kicks up a lot of dust and dried grass clippings from previous mowings and it's pulled in through the side intakes on the hood and directly into the rad screen. I found mine was particularily bad when the dandelions went to seed, it would clog up in 20 minutes or less. To help with the problem, I taped some bug screen over the air intakes. I didn't totally eliminate the problem, but it stopped a lot of the debris from being pulled into the rad screen and lengthened the time between cleanings. You just have to brush the bug screen off with your hands every once in a while.