1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help

/ 1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #21  
I can dig in mid range. You just need to ease up on the go pedal as you dig. Again, it is not a throttle. It is actually the opposite. The harder you press, the more power you use. So as you dig hit the pedal hard before you hit the pile, then ease up on the pedal as you scoop and use the loader to scoop instead of the tires (if that makes sense?). Keep practicing with the mentality that the harder you press the less effective the engine will be. It also helps to learn the point where you get to the stall, and how to hover right before that so you use the pressure relief valve without stalling using all available PSI. HST is easy to learn, but it has some trickiness to it as it is counter-intuitive when trying to use all your engine power effectively.

/ 1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #22  
I can dig in mid range. You just need to ease up on the go pedal as you dig. Again, it is not a throttle. It is actually the opposite. The harder you press, the more power you use. So as you dig hit the pedal hard before you hit the pile, then ease up on the pedal as you scoop and use the loader to scoop instead of the tires (if that makes sense?). Keep practicing with the mentality that the harder you press the less effective the engine will be. It also helps to learn the point where you get to the stall, and how to hover right before that so you use the pressure relief valve without stalling using all available PSI. HST is easy to learn, but it has some trickiness to it as it is counter-intuitive when trying to use all your engine power effectively.

Yes, I agree with this. I've noticed going up an incline I need to be in low, mid range does it sometimes but starts to lose rpm's. Have you noticed if your tractor stalls it starts hard when you try to start it? Mine does and not sure why.

/ 1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #23  
I think I've only completely stalled it once. I can't remember if it started hard but something tells me it didn't.

If you start to lose RPM on an incline ease up on the pedal and it will recover the RPM and continue to drive. Low is not needed for me for regular tasks as I've trained myself to ease up on the pedal if the tractor struggles with anything. In fact, I rarely use low unless I'm doing some really heavy digging (like digging out a stump) or something that is severely taxing on the tractor. I know it feels better to just stomp the pedal, but I can actually travel faster uphill in mid than in low by easing back on the pedal a little if the RPM start to drop. Typically I'll start going uphill full on and as the RPM dwindle I'll ease up until it maintains RPM just below where it was when I wasn't moving and adjust as necessary.

/ 1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #24  
Getting to learn to use the peddles and what running mode to be in is the hardest thing to get used to with the HST system, I could barely make it up a incline forwards and it really failed gong backwards until I figured out that having it in low, FWD and barely pushing the peddle made all the difference in the world.

I was mad to the point of returning it because it didn’t have the power I thought it should have until a few folks on here told me how to use the HST the correct way, I was doing it all wrong, just the opposite of how it should be done, now I have no complaints on my little GC1705 it does more then I thought it would do once you learn how to use it the right way.

If it continues to run and work like this for the next couple years I can see trading it in for a 1734 or 35.