1726E

/ 1726E #1  

jibe717

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 4610 MF 2615 MF 1726E AC WD45 Husqvarna PZ-60 ztr
I just bought a new 1726E this week, to be delivered soon. I was impressed with the size of this machine for the price that I got it for. I am only going to be using it to run a 6' finish mower and will likely not be putting over 70-80 hours a year on it.

I have also liked Kubota and it was neck and neck between a 2650 Kubota bought from a JD dealer and the 1726E.The difference maker for me was my MF dealer was willing to get me my tractor for the budget that I was looking for and I didn't care to have to haggle with the local Kubota guy for days and weeks on end to get something similiar as the 1726 for the price. Since the 2650 Kubota would have been bought from a non local dealer I really also didn't want to bring an outside tractor to the local guy for future service.

But does anyone have any experience with a 1726E? Or the new MF E series in general?

/ 1726E #2  
Congrats. I have a 1734e I purchased in December. I have about 30 hours on it now and am very satisfied so far. I've used it with a rotary cutter, a 5' rear mount snowblower and for loader work cleaning up an old rubble foundation. Plenty of power for the work I have for it and I find the operator platform very comfortable for a tall guy like myself. Our local MF dealership is outstanding.

/ 1726E
Thanks labhaven. I also have a 5' rear mount snow blower which I presently have on my 2615. I believe the 1726 is the same weight as the 1734, but do you think the 1726 would handle the blower? I used to have this blower on a L3800 Kubota. I'm thinking not enough HP on the PTO.
I'm also curious as to whether my 2615 will handle a 3 point 2-14 moldboard plow. If not I will put it on the 2615.

/ 1726E #4  
I looked at the spec for my blower and it requires a minimum of 18 hp for 5'. I think you would be fine as long as you don't push it. We haven't had really heavy snow but I'm on a corner and get the brunt of the plow's fury. I don't notice any impact on the engine regardless of how hard I push into the snow. What my limitation has been is how fast the blower can feeding the snow and shove it through the chute. I can't speak to using the moldboard plow with it as I haven't tried it yet. I have a 2 bottom moldboard that came new with my '53 MH Mustang. Tractor data is showing 18 hp at the drawbar for the Mustang. I think it would depend on your tires, soil conditions, etc.. I think other TBN folks could speak to this subject better than I. I'm certainly interested in their feedback. Here's a quick vid of my 1734E blowing 10-12 inches of snow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf7LAF3HZDo

/ 1726E
I looked at the spec for my blower and it requires a minimum of 18 hp for 5'. I think you would be fine as long as you don't push it. We haven't had really heavy snow but I'm on a corner and get the brunt of the plow's fury. I don't notice any impact on the engine regardless of how hard I push into the snow. What my limitation has been is how fast the blower can feeding the snow and shove it through the chute. I can't speak to using the moldboard plow with it as I haven't tried it yet. I have a 2 bottom moldboard that came new with my '53 MH Mustang. Tractor data is showing 18 hp at the drawbar for the Mustang. I think it would depend on your tires, soil conditions, etc.. I think other TBN folks could speak to this subject better than I. I'm certainly interested in their feedback. Here's a quick vid of my 1734E blowing 10-12 inches of snow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf7LAF3HZDo

I am impressed labhaven with how that tractor handled the blower. Awesome! I will not have an FEL on my 1726, but I had no issues with the 3800 Kubota when I blew with it off. Otherwise I do wonder if they make any front weights for these?

Syracuse. You get dumped on I'm sure.

I am getting excited. I'll check with my sales rep this week to see about ETA of delivery.

/ 1726E #6  
I went to Massey Ferguson yesterday and checked out the 1726E. This machine seems like it is a very well made economy tractor. While it has less power than the 34E and 38E, it is using the same engine tuned down to avoid tier 4 emissions equipment. The tractor has the same frame and everything as the more powerful models. PTO power is only 19 hp so if someone want to run tillers, rotary cutters, chippers, etc. that may not be the best model for them.

The price quoted to me was the same as a much smaller Mahindra Max26xl. It's a much heavier tractor with bigger tires so it seems like a good value.

/ 1726E
I am very impressed with the bulk of this tractor. The size of the rear end and the frame of this tractor made the kubota's that I looked at look like garden tractors. As I mentioned I will mainly be using mine to run a finish mower. But I will be using my 5' rototiller on it. Mine is still at the dealer as I am hauling it myself but just a couple of days ago I was able to sit on MY tractor and it felt very comfortable with nice access to the controls and a good view. Though I haven't done field time with it I am thrilled with this purchase.

sdcharger, what did they quote you on yours? I am paying 11,900 for my tractor, no FEL or attachments. Gear shift. I checked on Mahindra's too and I wasn't getting a better deal than MF was giving me. Plus that 5 year powertrain warranty is very exceptional.

/ 1726E #8  
They quoted me $16,500 with FEL for the Massey-Ferguson 1726E HST, which was within a few dollars of the Mahindra Max 26xl with FEL. I'm going to hold off making a final decision as I don't think I will buy until I return from a long trip. Mahindra also offers the 5 year powertrain. The Kubota 2650 I looked at was a nice machine with some premium features but priced $2000 more, the operator platform was crowded, and the loader joystick was hitting my leg every time I used it. Both the MF and Mahindra seemed more sure footed than the Kubota.

/ 1726E #9  
I wanted to update the pricing if anyone is researching this model. I looked at the actual paperwork and realized it was quoted at $16,850 last month. I just ordered a 1726ehl and the pre tax price was $16,680, so it's gone down $170. So this tractor has the hydro transmission, R4 tires, and loader. Delivery and loading the rear tires included.

jibe717 I hope you are still happy with your tractor I can't wait to put some hours on mine!

/ 1726E
sdcharger, I am very happy with this tractor. I am using it to lay down plastic mulch and have only put about 3 hours on it but I must say it is COMFORTABLE.