Rear Finish Mower 16 foot grooming mower

/ 16 foot grooming mower #21  
Although I stocked an intensive inventory of parts, on my personal Progressive mowers all I ever replaced were belts and blades.

On the ones I sold, the biggest replacement item were universal joints. Operators would lift the wings without disengaging the PTO.

Good luck with your purchase.

/ 16 foot grooming mower
So I did actually acquire 2 Progressive TD65’s and a full skid of spares.
My first impression is that as was expected, it’s no where near as nimble as my Toro 580.
However the cut quality is noticeably better. I really don’t need to go around trees or against fence lines or buildings, so after only one mowing, I think I’m going to stick with the pull behind and retire the Toro. This might change, but that’s my strong first impression.

/ 16 foot grooming mower #23  
Was it faster or slower or the same amount of time pulling a mower compared to the Toro?

/ 16 foot grooming mower
It was faster, but that would change if it wasn’t wide open. It was also an interesting demonstration of the inefficiency of the hydraulic mower dive in the Toro. The L6060 definitely delivered more power to the blades than the 80hp Toro, allowing for a faster ground speed it heavier cutting. The Progressive specs a blade tip speed of over 1800, not sure what the Toro does.

/ 16 foot grooming mower #25  
It was faster, but that would change if it wasn’t wide open. It was also an interesting demonstration of the inefficiency of the hydraulic mower dive in the Toro. The L6060 definitely delivered more power to the blades than the 80hp Toro, allowing for a faster ground speed it heavier cutting. The Progressive specs a blade tip speed of over 1800, not sure what the Toro does.

If you check your Progressive it may have the high lift blades which do a better job of cutting. I am pretty certain maximum tip speed is an OSHA consideration in the US.

/ 16 foot grooming mower
If you check your Progressive it may have the high lift blades which do a better job of cutting. I am pretty certain maximum tip speed is an OSHA consideration in the US.

I think that you are right about maximum speed, but many mowers are far short of that speed, and I think that applies to the Toro.

/ 16 foot grooming mower #27  
You will find the rear discharge on the Progressive disperses clippings more evenly than other mowers.

/ 16 foot grooming mower
All of my mowers are rear discharge except for the Lazer and Jacobsen 422D, I greatly prefer the rear discharge to blowing the clippings all over and making winrows.

/ 16 foot grooming mower #29  
The only time you may see clippings start to windrow is in line with the rear deck casters when cutting heavy wet growth.

/ 16 foot grooming mower
Here’s the new and the old.