1538 with BH - what is needed for a 3 pt top and tilt

/ 1538 with BH - what is needed for a 3 pt top and tilt #1  

LowellBen

Tractor
2015 Mahindra 1538HST
I've got a 2016 1538 with a loader and a backhoe. After last years monumental futzing around with a scraper blade trying to pull driveway ditches, I'm considering adding top and tilt to the 3pt. I've searched forums here and looked at some YouTube vids, but things aren't clicking for me.

To run the BH there are 3 lines at the back of the tractor. When the BH is off the tractor, could these lines be plugged into a mechanically or electrically controlled spool set to run the top and tilt hydraulic cylinders? If so, does some one have a kit they can recommend?

Or do I have to run a full Power Beyond setup with a separate set of feed hydraulics to run the extra functions? If so, any pointers to any kits would be appreciated.

One of my spring projects is to service the hydraulic system on the tractor and I would like to do any hydraulic mods prior to the maintenance.

Thanks,
Lowell

/ 1538 with BH - what is needed for a 3 pt top and tilt #2  
Maybe something similar to what is pictured?
Should fit with the hoe. It would be relatively easy to install and yes you can use your backhoe supply lines as the supply source and return for the new valve set.

Attachments

• IMG_4074.JPG
    IMG_4074.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3905.JPG
    IMG_3905.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3903.JPG
    IMG_3903.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 79
  • Mahindra 1500 & 1600 series.JPG
    Mahindra 1500 & 1600 series.JPG
    332.2 KB · Views: 85
   / 1538 with BH - what is needed for a 3 pt top and tilt #3  
Did you have any luck with the valve setup? I have a 1533 and would love to get remotes for a top and tilt.

/ 1538 with BH - what is needed for a 3 pt top and tilt #4  
Did you have any luck with the valve setup? I have a 1533 and would love to get remotes for a top and tilt.
If you don't have a backhoe, this is what I would typically provide for the 1533.

Attachments

• IMG_2795.JPG
    IMG_2795.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2794.JPG
    IMG_2794.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2793.JPG
    IMG_2793.JPG
    279.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2796.JPG
    IMG_2796.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 62
   / 1538 with BH - what is needed for a 3 pt top and tilt #5  
I do have a backhoe. But thank you for the fast response.

/ 1538 with BH - what is needed for a 3 pt top and tilt #6  
So you would be looking at the first type of mount that I had posted.

/ 1538 with BH - what is needed for a 3 pt top and tilt #7  
Is there a part number that I am missing there? Where did you source it? Thanks for replying.

/ 1538 with BH - what is needed for a 3 pt top and tilt #8  
Is there a part number that I am missing there? Where did you source it? Thanks for replying.
No part number, I build and sell the valve sets, typically with top & tilt sets.

Attachments

• Mahindra 1500 & 1600 series.JPG
    Mahindra 1500 & 1600 series.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 45
   / 1538 with BH - what is needed for a 3 pt top and tilt
Back when I was chatting with Brian at Fit Rite Hydraulics, his lead time was longer than 6 months. So I sourced the parts to build a system myself.

As you had mentioned, you do have a BH on your 1533, so your three hoses back there are Pressure, Return and Power Beyond to run your BH. When your BH is off of the tractor, you have to connect the Pressure and Power Beyond hoses to be able to run your 3PT.

I bought a two spool 11 gpm manual valve from Summit, P40G-2A1.
You will also need a Power Beyond adapter from Summit, P40G-PB.

I bought the top link from Agristore, pn is 06014 and has stroke from 20 7/8 to 29 1/8. In hindsight I should have gone with the next size shorter. but this depends upon your configuration. I don't have a quick hitch, so I'm connecting my 3PT directly to the scraper blade.

There are really no options for the side link. I ended up going with one from Farm Parts Store, SLH101. The 4" stroke works well enough.

There are several options to source hoses. In the end I went with Discount Hydraulic. They had a reasonable turn time.

For the AG couplings, I went with the cheapest source I could find.

I fab'd my own bracket to mount the manual valve from the right side ROPS post. I used 3/8 hoses and fittings to feed the manual valve from the BH lines on the tractor. I used 3/8 hoses and hardware between the manual valve and the hydraulic cylinders. In hindsight I should have fed the cylinders with 1/4" lines and fittings. I had to do some judicious grinding of a 90 deg fitting in order to thread the last fitting into the top of the manual valve. In trying to get everything to fit on the valve, I had a few iterations and ended up with about $30 in extra fittings that I couldn't use.

Give me a shout if you have any questions.
Lowell

/ 1538 with BH - what is needed for a 3 pt top and tilt #10  
I am thinking I may want the float option and an extra remote just in case I want to adjust an angle on a back blade at some point (or possibly something else). So would the following items get me started from summit?
IMG_0962.JPG

Do you have an approximation of what your setup cost after sourcing everything? Just a ballpark would do. Just wondering if the valve I selected would be better or should I go cheaper and upgrade if needed.