1523 vs. GC Differences?

/ 1523 vs. GC Differences? #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Hello everyone. Just registered but have been looking at the site for two days now. Found it while searching for Massey Ferguson info. There's lots of good info here. I am interested in the future purchase of a small tractor for my yard work. I have a John Deere and Kubota dealer within an hour of me, but that is it. I am interested in a Massey, just because I've always wanted one, and from what I've been reading here, they aren't a bad choice.
What I want to know is how much of a physical size difference is there between a GC2610TLB and the 1523? I got some brochures from MF and the dimensions seem close? I do see the 1523 has bigger tires. Is the turning circle much bigger? The GC is probably all I need but want to know the differences. And it seems like it has more standard features. I have 2 acres of lawn with trees, so it needs to be maneuverable, and I want it for the loader and backhoe for light landscaping. I also have a long driveway so a snow blower is also on my list. I currently plow with my Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O. and it is a 2 hour job, so it would be faster with a blower versus pushing. Antone have pics of the two together?
I'll likely have more questions after I do more research. Thanks.:D

/ 1523 vs. GC Differences? #2  
Welcome aboard. Where in Ontario are you from?

I am not sure if you can get an MF BH for the 1523. We love ours. Turns on a dime, a little more flow than the GC, heavier frame and deck than the GC.

We love our 1523. I only wish it had a few more options, like a little more flow, and more tranny options. Love the hydro though, don't regret it at all!!

Hello everyone. Just registered but have been looking at the site for two days now. Found it while searching for Massey Ferguson info. There's lots of good info here. I am interested in the future purchase of a small tractor for my yard work. I have a John Deere and Kubota dealer within an hour of me, but that is it. I am interested in a Massey, just because I've always wanted one, and from what I've been reading here, they aren't a bad choice.
What I want to know is how much of a physical size difference is there between a GC2610TLB and the 1523? I got some brochures from MF and the dimensions seem close? I do see the 1523 has bigger tires. Is the turning circle much bigger? The GC is probably all I need but want to know the differences. And it seems like it has more standard features. I have 2 acres of lawn with trees, so it needs to be maneuverable, and I want it for the loader and backhoe for light landscaping. I also have a long driveway so a snow blower is also on my list. I currently plow with my Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O. and it is a 2 hour job, so it would be faster with a blower versus pushing. Antone have pics of the two together?
I'll likely have more questions after I do more research. Thanks.:D

/ 1523 vs. GC Differences? #3  
That's one good looking tractor. :D

Didn't get a chance to go check it out because of a health situation but can't wait to do so.

/ 1523 vs. GC Differences? #4  
That's one good looking tractor. :D

Didn't get a chance to go check it out because of a health situation but can't wait to do so.

Best wishes to you, hope your health improves. We love it, and hopefully you will too.

Take care, and get well soon!!

/ 1523 vs. GC Differences? #5  
1*What I want to know is how much of a physical size difference is there between a GC2610TLB and the 1523? 2*I do see the 1523 has bigger tires.
3*The GC is probably all I need but want to know the differences.
4*And it seems like it has more standard features.
1*The GC is a Sub Compact tractor.
2*That's due to it being a bigger Compact tractor .
3*Probably so.
4*Like a BH on the GC2610.

/ 1523 vs. GC Differences?
Thanks for the info everyone. Ya, it would be nice to have the extra flow and lifting capacity of the 1523, but with all the research I've done, I think it would end up a whole lot more expensive by the time you put a loader, BH, mower, and snow blower on it. I'm doing all my work now with a 16 horse garden tractor and my atv with plow and dump trailer now, so I think even the smaller GC will make things a whole lot easier. The GC 2610TLB should still be able to run a wood splitter and chipper right?
That sure is a nice setup you have there WilliamBos. I'm in Goulais River, north of the Sault. Actually I was in your area the last three years. I was working my dump truck on the 400. I had lots of friends in Coldwater, Midland and Barrie, so I was through Innisfil many times. What dealer did your tractor come from?

/ 1523 vs. GC Differences? #7  
Here are my 3 Kubota versions of the MF GC Series tractors.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1378422-post10.html
Don't limit your self to just The MF.
Try out all the Sub Compacts : Kubota BX & the JD 2305 as well as the MF GC series.
Set in all the seats
Compare all the dealers ;Then buy the one you like best for the best price from the best dealer.:)

Thanks for the info everyone. Ya, it would be nice to have the extra flow and lifting capacity of the 1523, but with all the research I've done, I think it would end up a whole lot more expensive by the time you put a loader, BH, mower, and snow blower on it. I'm doing all my work now with a 16 horse garden tractor and my atv with plow and dump trailer now, so I think even the smaller GC will make things a whole lot easier. The GC 2610TLB should still be able to run a wood splitter and chipper right?
That sure is a nice setup you have there WilliamBos. I'm in Goulais River, north of the Sault. Actually I was in your area the last three years. I was working my dump truck on the 400. I had lots of friends in Coldwater, Midland and Barrie, so I was through Innisfil many times. What dealer did your tractor come from?

/ 1523 vs. GC Differences? #8  
Here are my 3 Kubota versions of the MF GC Series tractors.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1378422-post10.html
Don't limit your self to just The MF.
Try out all the Sub Compacts : Kubota BX & the JD 2305 as well as the MF GC series.
Set in all the seats
Compare all the dealers ;Then buy the one you like best for the best price from the best dealer.:)

If you read his post, he never mentioned any other colour, which means he wants an MF!! There are other brands besides Kubota, you know.

/ 1523 vs. GC Differences? #9  
Our 1523 has 5.4 gpm at the remotes, and even though 10gpm is recommended, ours runs our splitter just fine. The GC 2610 have 4.8 gpm at the remotes, so it should work good for you, unless you are looking to establish a new speed record. The splitter has a 24" stroke, with a 4" cylinder, and it takes 60 seconds for a full cycle, but like I said in another post, it splits faster than I can, so I am happy. It is the WX310.

http://www.embmfg.com/Forestry/Splitters/WX300-Models.aspx#WX310

Keep us posted. I will send you a PM later, about our dealer experience.

Last edited: