1510 complete service and inspection

/ 1510 complete service and inspection
Little bit more this evening.

IMG_1895.JPG

Battery box installed with new ground cable and backing soda infused battery mat.

IMG_1896.JPG

Found some plastic tubing that was the perfect size and can resist temps up to 500 degrees. Will run the tractor a bit and see how it is holding up. I'm hoping it doesn't pop out as there is nothing holding it in. It was very difficult to get in the hole, but with heat and pressurized oil, you never know.

IMG_1898.JPG

Drained the front differentials and out drives. The fluid was nasty!

IMG_1899.JPG

A warning to other 1510 owners! I found four of the six front frame mounting bolts on the left side finger tight. One was backed all the way out and the only reason it didn't fall out was it hit the back of the power steering pump. Definitely glad I looked up in there, that could have been a bumpy ride had they fell out.

After mailing my injectors out to the repair shop, they called and said they could rebuild them. The one odd ball injector I had they will tear down and install a new nozzle to match the other two. Total price will be $225, which I thought was a bit steep, but it will be done and I can get this thing out of the shop.

/ 1510 complete service and inspection #63  
After mailing my injectors out to the repair shop, they called and said they could rebuild them. The one odd ball injector I had they will tear down and install a new nozzle to match the other two. Total price will be $225, which I thought was a bit steep, but it will be done and I can get this thing out of the shop.

Sounds like good news! I don’t think the price is too bad either.

/ 1510 complete service and inspection #64  
I don't think they will get rich by rebuilding few injectors and hope they will stay in business!

little bit done tonight after putting the kids to bed.

IMG_1900.JPG

Putting gear oil in the front diff and out drives. They had gear oil in them when I drained them, so I went back with the same. It took exactly four quarts.

IMG_1901.JPG

Got the gauge cluster bracket installed.

Next is some painting...

IMG_1902.JPG

Got a few bits painted yesterday. Just did areas where there was rust or missing paint, didn't go crazy as this is a working machine.

Placed another order with Messicks, and my fuel injectors are on their way back to me. Hope to have her back up and running in a week or two.

Some progress.

IMG_1908.JPG

IMG_1909.JPG

Got the block heater out finally. I drilled holes across it and then slid a hacksaw blade in and cut it in half. Few whacks with a drift and hammer and she poped out in pieces. I measured the hole and it is 40mm. I found a Katz brand online for $15. Hopefully it fits.

IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

The oil press gauge and T fitting installed. Found a fitting online with the proper BSP thread pitch, fits great.

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1914.JPG

The water temp gauge installed and sending unit in the water pump housing.

Have to get some more blue paint and finish that up before the weather turns sour on me. After that the hyd fluid gets changed, stay tuned.

/ 1510 complete service and inspection #68  
Asymair
This is a great read. You are doing a lot work on this tractor and it is great to see all the progress you have made. Will check back in, in a few days to see more. Your skills are quite amazing, need you to move to Florida and become my neighbor.

Thanks Bobby, glad you like it.

Got my Messicks order today.

FE7B5835-EBEE-4DE0-9B31-565C4B83FEE1.jpeg

Will finish up painting this afternoon. Hoping to drain the hydro fluid tomorrow night, and remove the cracked hydraulic hoses.

Got the rest of the painting done.

Also, installed the voltmeter. Tied it in to the available front pto wiring that wasn’t being used.

675AF505-970B-41C2-8716-40C83199417C.jpeg

54B397CC-645A-4699-A023-5DC2488687EC.jpeg