1510 complete service and inspection

/ 1510 complete service and inspection #51  
I like those for sure

Much easier to hook up and get everything set right. Pull the pins, spread the arms, attach the implement, re-install the pins. Way, way better than the turnbuckle style.

Even if you have to modify a set to get it right, it would be time and frustration saved in the long run.

/ 1510 complete service and inspection
The frustration continues...lol.

IMG_1878.JPG

Started removing the bolts for the brake cover and the first one I try to remove breaks off in the casing...aaargh! Put the impact gun away and get out the ratchet, and the rest of the bolts came out without too much trouble. Guess I'll be practicing my ez out skills latter.

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

Got the exhaust cleaned off, wiped down, and painted with high heat paint.

IMG_1877.JPG

Got the area around the axle where the rops mounts cleaned off. Need to paint this as the rust is pretty bad.

IMG_1881.JPG

Finished up the shifter boot. Has about 5 coats of liquid tape on it, nice and flexible.

IMG_1880.JPG

Cleaned the radiator good today and straightened all the bent fins. Will paint it tomorrow.

IMG_1882.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

Removed the brake housing, what a pain it was to get off. Some genius used a gasket dressing and essentially glued the thing shut. There is no fluid in here, so don't see the need for such shenanigans. On a positive note, everything looks good inside. Some cleaning and some lubrication and I will slap it back together.

IMG_1884.JPG

Brake drum removed. No scoring or rust, will slap a coat of primer on the back, clean the shaft and housing and reinstall.

IMG_1886.JPG

Painted the last few pieces with rustoleum primer and safety blue.

IMG_1885.JPG

The leaves are really starting to change here.

/ 1510 complete service and inspection #55  
Rockin, here ya go.

3 Point Hitch Stay Chain- Yanmar & Kubota Tractor | eBay

You may have to cut the last chain link off, but I'm not sure. Will find out once everything goes back together.

Rockin, can you take a look at your injectors for me and tell me the numbers on them please. My injectors don't match, I have two that do, and one that doesn't. The guys at Oregon fuel injection said it doesn't sound right. Anyway, my numbers are 2550 and 2560. It is stamped on the side of the injector. Thank you

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you - all of my injectors are stamped 2550

Rockin, thank you so much. Funny that I have two 2560 injectors and only one 2550. I gave the guys at Oregon Fuel Injection the model number of the injection pump and they were going to figure it out for me based on that. This helps though. Guess I'll be buying new injectors...lol.

/ 1510 complete service and inspection #57  
Rockin, thank you so much. Funny that I have two 2560 injectors and only one 2550. I gave the guys at Oregon Fuel Injection the model number of the injection pump and they were going to figure it out for me based on that. This helps though. Guess I'll be buying new injectors...lol.

That is very odd...

Some movement again.

IMG_1888.JPG

Got the brake housing broken off bolt drilled and tapped.

IMG_1889.JPG

Removed the shoe spreader and cleaned and lubed everything.

IMG_1890.JPG

Threw some primer on the back of the brake drum and some gasket sealer on the mating surface. I just reused the old destroyed gasket as there is no fluid in here, and New Holland is very proud of a new one.

IMG_1891.JPG

The housing back on.

IMG_1892.JPG

The left brake adjusted to 1" of free play.

IMG_1893.JPG

Primed and painted the radiator as there was some rust on the lower half.

IMG_1894.JPG

The right side brake pack looks wonderful too. The shoe limit is 3.5mm, and I'm at 4.5mm. They are only 5mm when new. Going to finish cleaning, lubing, and install it back on the tractor. Will adjust this side to 1" pedal travel too.