1510 complete service and inspection

/ 1510 complete service and inspection #41  
Glad you found something definitive.
Just an fyi on the injectors: I spoke with my local diesel shop about doing the injectors for my tractor. They send injectors out to the same place, said to expect between $150-200 for the set. However, that price is for just cleaning/testing. Any parts required will up the price. New injectors for mine run about $60/ea, so I'll probably go with new ones.

/ 1510 complete service and inspection
That is good to know, I will call them tomorrow and see what they recommend.

This tractor doesn't like me...I'm trying to help it, and it fights me every step of the way!

IMG_1861.JPG

IMG_1862.JPG

I removed the plug from the block heater and tested the terminals. As suspected they are open/shorted. I removed the center nut and tried to pry the plug out, wouldn't move. Beat on it a bit, just broke. The center stud doesn't move like I thought it would. Any ideas?

IMG_1863.JPG

IMG_1864.JPG

IMG_1865.JPG

Removed the delivery valves and gave them a good cleaning. The O-rings were in good shape so I reused them.

IMG_1866.JPG

The surprise came when I was looking through my service manual and came across this picture. There is a small tube (number 6) running from the head, to the end of the rocker arm shaft. I didn't remember seeing that tube.

IMG_1867.JPG

As you can see here...no tube. The holes are there, but the tube is gone, which would explain the excess wear on the rocker arms. I looked all around the head and down into the lifter holes...no tube to be found. Not sure if I can still buy this or if I will have to fab something out of brake line or rubber hose.

IMG_1868.JPG

I checked the continuity of the glow plugs and everything checked good.

IMG_1869.JPG

Going to try and fix my torn shifter boots since new ones are gold plated or something.

IMG_1870.JPG

I cleaned the ripped area to remove any grease/oil, then used super glue to glue it together.

IMG_1871.JPG

Then used liquid tape over the rip for reinforcement on the inside and outside of the boot. I will use about 4-5 coats.

Got a few small things done.

IMG_1872.JPG

IMG_1873.JPG

Removed the seat to check out the suspension. It was very stiff and only partially worked. When I took out the mounting pin the bushings came out in pieces.

IMG_1874.JPG

The rubber bump stops are long since deteriorated.

IMG_1875.JPG

The main reason for the stiffness is these four roller bushings. They had no grease and wore out. Each bushings, bump stop, and bearings are all about $20 each. I can buy a new suspension on eBay for $120. Going to try and source the parts at McMaster-Carr and see what they want for everything.

/ 1510 complete service and inspection #47  
Rockin, here ya go.

3 Point Hitch Stay Chain- Yanmar & Kubota Tractor | eBay

You may have to cut the last chain link off, but I'm not sure. Will find out once everything goes back together.

Rockin, can you take a look at your injectors for me and tell me the numbers on them please. My injectors don't match, I have two that do, and one that doesn't. The guys at Oregon fuel injection said it doesn't sound right. Anyway, my numbers are 2550 and 2560. It is stamped on the side of the injector. Thank you

/ 1510 complete service and inspection #50  
Thank you!

Yes I’ll be happy to look at those when I get in this evening. I’ll let you know what I find.