1250 Cub Cadet hydraulic pump

/ 1250 Cub Cadet hydraulic pump #1  

NCShelton

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000
My 1250 Cub Cadet hydraulics have gotten worse. In a previous post I asked about oil leaking from the two small holes in the top of the assembly just above the oil filter. Now, it spurts out. It appears there must be a check valve, or something similar, under the holes to keep the oil in under pressure, and then opens for venting when there is no pressure. Or, what? Any suggestions as to the cause? The fix? The 1250 does a real good job other than this problem, so I don't want to replace it.

thanks,

/ 1250 Cub Cadet hydraulic pump #2  
There are check valves inside the units. I believe they are to relieve pressure if manually pushing the mower. You can remove them and try flushing them out in a pan of kerosene and blowing air into them from a compressor. If that fails you will probably have to replace the valves. I had to replace one on my 1450 for leeakage.

Bob B.

/ 1250 Cub Cadet hydraulic pump #3  
I believe there are two O-rings on each of those relief valves. If you have them out to clean them as suggested, you might want to stop by a NAPA or other auto parts store and replace the O-rings also.

Good Luck,
Curt

/ 1250 Cub Cadet hydraulic pump
I removed and cleaned both valves. The left one still leaked bad. I swapped them, left to right & right to left, and the bad one still leaked, so it wasn't the valve seat. I got a replacement valve assembly from Hickory Home and Garden Center, and replacemnt seal and o-rings for the other valve. It fixed the problem. Thanks for all your help.