12 feet already

/ 12 feet already #1  

smfcpacfp

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
We have officially already had 12 feet of snow this year with about 1/3 of winter already over. Of course we get a fair amount of snow before winter actually begins. As best I can recall we only had one small day of above freezing during this winter and the snow has settled down to about a 4 foot depth where not disturbed. I missed most of December (vacationing) but I have put about 10 hours of blowing at my house and I help out my neighbors when they are in a bind. My Kubota has not let me down. I took the shot below before I went out to blow the 8 new inches today. Just to give you some idea of size, my wood pile in the middle on the left is about 10 feet high:

1_19_09-winter-image2.jpg

Left-front-Kubota-driveway.jpg

/ 12 feet already #2  
Just think if you were moving the snow with a loader! The wood pile might not even be seen!

/ 12 feet already #4  
Just went through 5 days of -30to38 weather; last night had about 12" of snow; now were getting ready for the real "hard sleddin". from eastern New Brunswick, Canada

/ 12 feet already #5  
Send some of that our way, would you? I was finally able to plow today - we got a whopping 1.5 inches! (ok - I really didn't need to plow:D).

/ 12 feet already #6  
We moved from the Buffalo, NY area to Albany, NY. The neighbors are cursing us for bringing the Buffalo snow and cold with us. This winter here has been cold with snow almost every day. Just like the Buffalo weather. The only good thing about it is that I have had 20 hours plowing snow. You just can't get too much seat time, no matter what the temperature.

/ 12 feet already #7  
We've gotten a whole 4" or so (total) in about three snows.

I actually plowed 1 1/2" of snow today with the back blade so any sun we get can melt the rest.

It goes MUCH quicker this way than a shovel, or my walk-behind snow blower.

I'm still waiting for a deeper snow to put the blower on the back of the B7100.

/ 12 feet already #8  
My wife loves the pictures of the snow, right up to the point where I mentioned it comes with severe temperatures (below 70 degrees), so maybe you guys can keep it!! She does request you keep the snow for her to look at, as long as you warm the temperatures up to above 70 in April when she is scheduled to go to Ann Arbor. The only time she has seen snow,(last year) was thru a hotel window, where she stayed for two days (Nashville). She didn't go outside because it was TOO COLD!!!(just under freezing, about 28)
YES I know I married a wimp when it comes to cold weather!
David from jax

/ 12 feet already #9  
We have officially already had 12 feet of snow this year with about 1/3 of winter already over. Of course we get a fair amount of snow before winter actually begins. As best I can recall we only had one small day of above freezing during this winter and the snow has settled down to about a 4 foot depth where not disturbed. I missed most of December (vacationing) but I have put about 10 hours of blowing at my house and I help out my neighbors when they are in a bind. My Kubota has not let me down. I took the shot below before I went out to blow the 8 new inches today. Just to give you some idea of size, my wood pile in the middle on the left is about 10 feet high:

1_19_09-winter-image2.jpg
Looks like a restroom break in the first pic to the left.:eek: Don't eat the yellow snow:D

/ 12 feet already
My wife commented about that and I told it is some **** neighborhood dog. If you look at my neighborhood you can see that I am not going to go indoors for a restroom break, but I am definitely not going to go on the side of a snow pile where everyone will know. :mad: