12.5 hours and my first 2210 problem

/ 12.5 hours and my first 2210 problem #1  

wickman

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD2210
Well I ran over a phantom 'something' today a ripped a hole in the front tire. I now see why everyone has nothing good to say about these tires. I'm going to try to plug it so I can get it back in the garage. Does anyone have any tips for repair or replacement? Should I just get another from the dealer?

Talk about the air going out of my balloon.... all ready to mow and then my tractor dies.... what a bummer....

wickman

/ 12.5 hours and my first 2210 problem #2  
I got a spare tire and rim from the dealer. About $105 with tax. I also carry a plug kit and have put slime in both of my front tires. I cant afford to be down once I hit the woods as It generally means I loose a days work. Dave

/ 12.5 hours and my first 2210 problem #3  
Yup, tires get punctured.

Those tires are no better or worse than any other 4PR tire. I know Carlisle and other Mfg'ers sell 8 ply and above. The only problem is that you feel like you are riding on cement filled tires all the time with the stiffer sidewall--lots of bouncing and jouncing.

I've thought about foaming mine, at least the fronts. The torsion from turning the front wheels and any additional weight load make the fronts the perfect victim.

I have two full sets of mounted tires on stock JD rims. One set of turf, one set of bars. I pretty much change out only for seasonal work. Did lots of dirt work this weekend, hauling heavy broken concrete and topsoil and worried about a front flat the whole time.

/ 12.5 hours and my first 2210 problem #4  
I put linseal in mine all the way around.
Have 76 hours and no tire problems! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 12.5 hours and my first 2210 problem
I managed to get the tire plugged with three regular car tire stringy plug things. I'm betting this wasn't my best choice. I ripped a pretty big gash in the tire. What's the best kind of plug to have on hand? And I found the phantom 'something'... a rusted off fence post sticking about 1.5" out of the ground. Never hit it before by some miracle. Needless to say it won't be causing me any more issues.

I called the dealer today to inquire about a spare front rim and tire. They can get me the rim but seemed very confused about the tire.... "we don't sell tires. Try a tire store." I assumed tractor dealers would sell tractor tires. Maybe I spoke to the new guy. Since all of this is new to me everything is a learning experience.

And where might one find linseal?

Thanks,

wickman

/ 12.5 hours and my first 2210 problem #6  
Yes thats true they can only order the rim from JD but they **** well should order the tire for you as well. Good Grief. My origionals are by Carlisyle and the replacement is a Titan. You might try calling again and getting and differnt clown at the parts counter or just another dealer. Best Wishes, Dave

/ 12.5 hours and my first 2210 problem #7  
I like using the Linseal because it will wash away easy with water if you ever have to take tire off rim. It is latex and fiber free. Uses rubber and linseed oil.

I get mine at United Tire Management in Indianapolis
800-344-9335 Chris Howard

Here is some info http://www.linseal.com/

/ 12.5 hours and my first 2210 problem #8  
The dealer down here told me the same thing when I needed a tire. "Call Bill's Tire store." Since they were closer then dealer it was okay. But I was surprised. And of course tire store had to order. But I have a good relationship with tire store now and they've been good to me.