12/24 volts

/ 12/24 volts #2  
In the questions asked section of this part someone asked last year if that valve was available with a 24V coil and was told NO only 12V. I'm not sure why they advertise it as both 12/24V. If your midi ex has 2 - 12V or 4 - 6V batteries you could power this valve off one 12 or 2- 6'es to get 12V.

/ 12/24 volts
If your midi ex has 2 - 12V or 4 - 6V batteries you could power this valve off one 12 or 2- 6'es to get 12V.
Won't work. It wouldn't charge both batteries the same when one battery is drained off by a 12 volt gizmo. That battery would never be fully charged.
hugs, Brandi

/ 12/24 volts #4  
You could put a resistor in series with it. The resistance should be equal to the coil resistance. The wattage would depend on how much current the coil draws.

/ 12/24 volts #5  
If that's what they say then go for it I bought a clock meter that will run from 2 volts to 24 volts and have had to trouble. 1 one my 13Hp Honda motor the other on my 24 volt fork lift.

/ 12/24 volts #6  
Surplus Center insists it will run off of a 12 OR 24 volt system. How is that possible?

That's not a problem at all. We are used to things being only one voltage, but in fact, many devices can run on a range of voltages. LED lights, for example, are often rated from 9 to 32 volts.

With a solenoid, the windings may be thick enough to tolerate the higher current flow with 24 volts, but only need 12 to actuate the solenoid reliably. Not unusual, not difficult. No problem.

Just install it as is, don't mess with resistors inline.

/ 12/24 volts
You could put a resistor in series with it. The resistance should be equal to the coil resistance. The wattage would depend on how much current the coil draws.
Thanks, but why wire more into it then you have to if you buy the right components? I wasn't asking for a work around. I want to keep the circuit as simple as possible and the whole installation highly reliable. The more gizmos you add to a system, the easier it is to have a breakdown. I want to buy the correct components the first time.
hugs, Brandi

/ 12/24 volts
That's not a problem at all. We are used to things being only one voltage, but in fact, many devices can run on a range of voltages. LED lights, for example, are often rated from 9 to 32 volts.

With a solenoid, the windings may be thick enough to tolerate the higher current flow with 24 volts, but only need 12 to actuate the solenoid reliably. Not unusual, not difficult. No problem.

Just install it as is, don't mess with resistors inline.
Can do! Thanks
If that's what they say then go for it I bought a clock meter that will run from 2 volts to 24 volts and have had to trouble. 1 one my 13Hp Honda motor the other on my 24 volt fork lift.

Then that is exactly what I will do. Do you mean hour meter when you say clock meter?
hugs, Brandi