110v welder and the 3/8 bend test

/ 110v welder and the 3/8 bend test #1  

roadhunter

Elite Member
Tractor
JCB 212SU
So since this has been such a controversial topic on this board I took it upon myself to put an end to it in a peaceful way. I contacted Shield Arc on another board to see if he would help. He agreed and I contacted Everlast and had a 110v mig welder shipped to Shield Arc. He goes by CEP on the other site. It arrived yesterday and testing was done last night and this morning. Now we have 100% conclusive evidence of the capability of this 110v mig welder. Feel free to go over to Welding Web and see the results for yourself.

110v Mig welding 1/4 steel - Page 8

/ 110v welder and the 3/8 bend test #2  
SA/CEP/Carl is a cool guy, and very helpful

/ 110v welder and the 3/8 bend test #3  
I'll probably regret getting into this conversation....but......an interesting few comments here by CEP aka ShieldArc

So now I guess I've been educated. I won't bad mouth 120-volt Mig machines ever again!

You got yourself a winner here!

/ 110v welder and the 3/8 bend test #5  
Yes this was very well done by Roadhunter and CEP/Shield Arc. Not only burying the hatchet but working together to put out lots of good info that many can learn from. Lately I've been over on WW following CEP there. Would like to see him come back here and start advising on tractor-specific stuff again.

/ 110v welder and the 3/8 bend test #6  
Yes this was very well done by Roadhunter and CEP/Shield Arc. Not only burying the hatchet but working together to put out lots of good info that many can learn from. Lately I've been over on WW following CEP there. Would like to see him come back here and start advising on tractor-specific stuff again.

I agree... very cool of you Roadhunter, and Shieldarc (if you are still watching).

/ 110v welder and the 3/8 bend test #7  
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/322850-120v-mig-3-8-coupon-2.html

LOL. Now that we know the capability of the machine it is funny to read some of these comments. Some classics in there. But now we know.

The capacity of a specific machine in the hands of a skilled welder. Dont be fooled into thinking just anybody can buy any 110v mig and obtain similar results.

I do want to thank Roadhunter for investing his money in purchaseing the machine so a proper test could be performed and to SheildArc for actually doing the test. Not sure road is going to get his machine back tho:thumbsup:

/ 110v welder and the 3/8 bend test #8  
   / 110v welder and the 3/8 bend test #9  

Yup! I've been watching too!! Very good stuff, thanks to all involved. :thumbsup:

/ 110v welder and the 3/8 bend test #10  

+1 for me. I'm glad he did the bend tests. Not every one could pull it off, but he has the skills. And the machine isn't one of those cheap AC output MIG's either. Together they can realy impress. I hope Shield Arc comes back to TBN.