Buying Advice 110 tlb with Laurin cab??

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #11  
As someone who sells Laurin cabs, your wrong by nearly a factor of two. But apparently since I'm a 'competitive dealer' my input is not welcome. We sell nearly a dozen major lines of equipment, I'm far more color blind than most people here.

First off, I appreciate your posts, any honest input from ANYBODY should be welcomed. I dont think you're trolling...I mosey on over to the Kub & Bobcat boards myself...All have good machines.

Cant honestly give anybody a price quote for the 110 Laurin Cab, but when we got ours for the L2900 is was only a few hairs over 5k Canadian money...given the exchange rate was like 52% at the time, it put the cost of that cab right around $3,500.00 USD installed by our Friendly Canadian Kubota dealer.
Yes, prices of steel & materials have gone up, and the USD has gone to heck, but last time I heard a Laurin cab was still in the 5-7k range...

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab??
As someone who sells Laurin cabs, your wrong by nearly a factor of two. But apparently since I'm a 'competitive dealer' my input is not welcome. We sell nearly a dozen major lines of equipment, I'm far more color blind than most people here.

I've read enough of your post regarding deere to have my own opinion of your comments. Your replies are welcome as long as long as they're constructive. As I'm sure you know it's the flexibilty in transport and manuverabilty that nessecitates these units. I'd love to buy a nice full size hoe but there's just no way to transport it. My dealer must have an old price sheet or something. If that's the case the deere cabs on the 4000 series are cheap in comparison.

Matt

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #13  
I didn't really understand your question but it sounded like you were contemplating a JD 110 (or was it for your 3320?) but were concerned about an aftermarket cab for it. I found a couple of websites that were really helpful with what a cab would look like for my tractor (JD 2305) and I am passing the info on to you.

I found that the best looking JD cabs are the ones on the ROPS and Non-ROPS tractor cabs, canopies, and guards for all popular brands - Jodale Perry Corporation website.

JD 110 Cab ($9,125 before options. Add $2,777 for A/C) = ROPS and Non-ROPS tractor cabs, canopies, and guards for all popular brands - Jodale Perry Corporation

JD3320 Cab ($5,554 before options. No A/C available) = ROPS and Non-ROPS tractor cabs, canopies, and guards for all popular brands - Jodale Perry Corporation

They only have 1 "real' picture on the 110. You can try looking at some of the other tractor lines to see what their cabs look like in real life. The 2305 has a nice series of pictures.

Another website that I found useful that shows a link to all of the companies that make cabs for CUTs is this Fremar website: Fremar vs. Competitor

Good Luck

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #14  
I think the laurin cabs are more in the 7k range. If your a competitors dealer and posting here your clearly trolling right?Matt

He's trolling and he knows it. It's a shame because he does have some quality advice to offer but his trolling and rock throwing usually takes away more from his status than his advice offers, IMHO.

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #15  
Does Deere offer a factory cab? I've seen a couple 110's with cabs that look factory fit. . Both were being operated and working at the time, so Icould not inspect up close. But they looked an awful lot like the 3000 and 4000 series cabs from the outside. Maybe a bit taller though.

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab??
He's trolling and he knows it. It's a shame because he does have some quality advice to offer but his trolling and rock throwing usually takes away more from his status than his advice offers, IMHO.

Thanks two bit, your familiar with his reteric also. Spudlan I don't think you've been here long enough to have read some of the Messicks threads. I think the post is pretty clear.I'm looking at a laurin cab for a deere 110 tlb. Deere doesn't offer a factory cab for a 110. The best fit and finish cab is the laurin unit I was refering to.

Matt

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #17  
While I have said I am happy with the Laurin cab I would like to see a JoDale Perry cab up close too.

For my work in the plumbing business I have a F550 lwb with custom utility bed that I use to tow the bumper pull 12k trailer and 110tlb. This works well for me since I can have tools, parts and tractor in one trip. Saves me time and money plus my customers don't have to wait on another backhoe operator. This keeps it simple for me and provides me with a good setup to move my other equipment around too.

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #18  
you gonna need one heck of a pocket book for that rig. Heck with the cash you'll spend you could almost buy a small full-size TLB with a factory cab.

I found Ebay and Craigslist to be dangerous in this area. :licking:

I started looking for a used FEL for the 265 MF and started finding TLB's not much more than a new FEL for an old tractor not worth much more because used loaders were not to be found easy or were scrap metal.

For just over $7K I got a 1983 JD 310B TLB. It seems most any older machine can need a couple thousand more for hoses, belts, pins, bushings, seat, alternator, etc over the next year or two.

Yesterday we added a low price 25' heavy equipment trailer since we have a F700 that was hitch ready. :)

Yes we have the second tractor to maintain but two big toys vs one before.

In the process we did learn about the 110 units and found them impressive and less demanding of trailer size and tow vehicle but being newer the $$$ was more naturally.

At this point I like the idea of one "free" tractor and one with a fulltime hoe/FEL. A rebuilt (normal wear points but with NO case/engine cracking) TLB will normally cost very little to own if resold a few years later down the road it seemed from my research.

Our 89 F700 16' flat dump, 83 JD 310b TLB and trailer came in just under $11K of upfront money. Barring any real drive train issues three years from now if improved ($3K-$5K as a guess) they should still bring $11K and the 15 acres value should be improved much more than the $3K-$5K net cost and labor.

I am too old to borrow to buy toys for my hobbies. Now if I had more money than I would ever spend before my death and wanted a $50k-$100K toy so be it. :D

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #19  
Gale,
While a 310B is fine for doing your own work as time permits a newer smaller easy to transport 110 may work better for contractors with small jobs to perform in various locations.

I have an older 820 (older than your backhoe) and agree with most of your analogies about cost of operating over a few years time. I also agree about having one unit for loader backhoe use and atleast one tractor without the fel in the way. So that is why I have the three pieces of equipment now that are similar in size and can share the implements without much duplication.

I am getting confused though do you have a 210tlb with a removeable backhoe and 3pt hitch or a 310B backhoe with fixed backhoe? I am not familiar with a 310B tlb. The term tlb is usually indicative of the combination of tractor with 3pt hitch, loader and backhoe.

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #20  
Steve the JD 310B (nothing is removeable really) the best I can tell was built 1983 through 1986 and was about the same as the more common 310A that came out in like 1976 and enjoyed an 8 year build cycle. The 310C seems from looking at bucket interchange etc seemed to be a new generation of the 300 series.

While from my reading the TLB was just a common term for the JBC? in the USA but I see where you are coming from in that it is really a tractor because the 3 PH is still possible.

My post only considered private use as you noted. Old construction equipment seldom makes sense in a professsional setting due to down time and paid staff.

Our BH is 12,500 pounds and some larger JD's are more in the 16,000 range. While these can make sense for the home place use they are too demanding of equipment to move a lot or work in tight places. In fact old heavy equipment ownership is expensive if one can not do the routine stuff OR does not enjoy doing the routine stuff.

6K-7K pound units make the most sense for many custom operators doing many smaller jobs at many locations.

My personal problem is I get more excited about getting the old equipment fixed up than using it afterwards. :) After digging up and moving a 1000 yards of dirt what is new about yard number 1001? :eek: