110 tlb owners, req pics/ drawing of fuel lines to add jd oem spin on fuel filter

/ 110 tlb owners, req pics/ drawing of fuel lines to add jd oem spin on fuel filter #1  

disney

Gold Member
Tractor
scag turf tiger 61" #2, gx95, sold f525 twice, f725 sold
Hello. The 110 I use does not have the spin on fuel filter that sits on/near the firewall. (I also know of at least one other user on here that does not have the spin on filter) I am looking for a few pictures, or a drawing (does not have to be a good drawing...just correct and legible) that shows the order from the tank to the high pressure pump. Basically I would like to know if it goes from tank to supply (low pressure) pump (I am assuming the pump is before the filter and water separator) and then what is the order of the spin on filter & water separator bowl before the (now dry and filtered) fuel goes to the high pressure pump. As always thanks for any help, and there is no hurry, but it would be nice to get a response (or two) saying you'll check when you can. It should also be in the service manual under fuel system, for anyone that has one of those.

Once I know how it should go, order it, and HAVE TIME to install it, Ill post pictures for others that may want to add it to their 110tlbs, as the parts are not expensive, and your fuel can never be too clean....

/ 110 tlb owners, req pics/ drawing of fuel lines to add jd oem spin on fuel filter #2  
Does this help? From JDparts catalog

Attachments

• jd110fuelfilter.gif
    jd110fuelfilter.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 707
   / 110 tlb owners, req pics/ drawing of fuel lines to add jd oem spin on fuel filter
It helps a little. Hose #11 would be from the spin on to the to the high pressure pump, but we still would not know if the line goes to water separator or low pressure/supply pump first. We could assume it goes to the pump first, but I hate to make assumptions when I can avoid it. Thanks for the response:)

/ 110 tlb owners, req pics/ drawing of fuel lines to add jd oem spin on fuel filter #4  
Seems you know more than we do .

/ 110 tlb owners, req pics/ drawing of fuel lines to add jd oem spin on fuel filter #5  
I would think both filters after the low pressure pump and before the injector pump. Then the low pressure pump could be used to bleed the filters. My JD 2030 low pressure pump has prime lever to hand prime the system when changing the fuel filter.

/ 110 tlb owners, req pics/ drawing of fuel lines to add jd oem spin on fuel filter #6  
I will take some photos by this weekend

/ 110 tlb owners, req pics/ drawing of fuel lines to add jd oem spin on fuel filter #7  
I've modernized the fuel filter system on a 66' Continental Multifuel engine so I've dabbled with this before. I also have the current production engine that the 110TLB uses in my Yanmar LX.

The flow should go:

Tank Pump -> Primary Filter/Water Separator -> Secondary Filter -> Injection Pump.

The primary filter in the bowl should be a higher # micron rating to catch larger debris in the fuel. For the sake of discussion lets say 30 micron. The secondary fuel filter typically is 10 micron to catch smaller particles. Primary filters are sometimes bowl type, but they can also be spin-ons. I do believe the secondary spin-on filter on my 4tnv88 engine is 10 micron.

The most cost effective solution is probably to purchase and install this filter base. There are a lot of fuel filters sizes and different micron ratings available that use the 1-14 threads. I've installed four of these fuel filters bases, for the price and filter selection you can't go wrong.

/ 110 tlb owners, req pics/ drawing of fuel lines to add jd oem spin on fuel filter #8  
Here's the photos, I hope they help

110 fuel lines 002.JPG

110 fuel lines 005.JPG

110 fuel lines 007.JPG