Loader *****1026R TLB loader not working*********** Help!!

/ *****1026R TLB loader not working*********** Help!! #1  

Deerefaninct

Tractor
John Deere 1026R TLB
Im right in the middle of unloading 4 yards or process off my trailer and the front loader stopped functioning correctly. The loader will move up and down, but the bucket will not tilt forward or backward correctly. When i move the yoke to the right, the bucket shudders a bit and slams back. when i move it the left, it just slams back. Its been greased regularly, fluids changed and topped off as needed. The backhoe hydraulics work fine too. Just wont tilt forward or back. if i increase the rpms its just a more violent shudder but its not tilting at all. It's hot here. about 97 deg today. wouldnt think the heat would effect the hydraulics to the point of not working. would think its designed to withstand extreme heat.

Was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with this type or other series tractor. Dealer isnt open til morning and my trailer is full of process so I cant bring it down there. I took off the boot and the control unit looks clean. no fluid leaking or dirt, or anything like that. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Rob in CT

/ *****1026R TLB loader not working*********** Help!! #2  
Are you sure one of the hydraulic couplings didn't come loose?

I haven't used my new 1025 much yet to have anything queer happen to it yet. Just got it today. Worked the loader to carry some stuff around.

/ *****1026R TLB loader not working*********** Help!! #3  
Unplug all four of the QD's, wipe the males clean and spray some WD40 or simular into the females and reconnect. Most likely your problem will be cured.

/ *****1026R TLB loader not working*********** Help!! #4  
There have been hydraulics issues with the 1023/1026 and Deere hasn't yet released a fix last I heard. Not sure if your problem is related, but do some searching/googling when you have a chance.

/ *****1026R TLB loader not working*********** Help!! #5  
There have been hydraulics issues with the 1023/1026 and Deere hasn't yet released a fix last I heard. Not sure if your problem is related, but do some searching/googling when you have a chance.

There has only been two issues, and neither its not related at all to what the OP mentioned.

1) There is a problem in the the load check part of the valve that lets the bucket uncurl slightly before it curls when heavily loaded. Its been nicknamed DBS or "Droopy Bucket Syndrome", not to be confused with FBS or "Floppy Bucket Syndrome" is is a byproduct of the regen feature.
2) The fill cap on the rear tranny case can let water in resulting in contaminated fluid. There is a DTAC for this as well as a upgraded cap and extension. Customers should have received a kit in the mail to take care of the problem, also included was a free hat.

/ *****1026R TLB loader not working*********** Help!!
uncoupled the hydraulics, put them back on and then lost all the loader movement. i noticed the female fitting controlling the down movement wasnt seated as well. the male portion was hydraulically locked, the other 3 werent. i relieved the pressure in the stick prior to taking them off. i added about a 1/4 of a quart of fluid, reconnected and now i have the up and down motion and the tilt came back for a sec, then it stopped. i checked the fluid level again and it looks like its more then enough fluid, but everything is still hot. not sure how much expansion to expect. ill check the level in the morning. when the dealer had the machine for a warrantee fix, unrelated, they mentioned that i was low on hyd fluid and they added some. i didnt even check it after that. if they overfilled it at all, and i was running it on a 97 deg day, is it possible that it got irrated,cavitated or something of that nature? not sure. ill check the fluid level in the morning when everything is cool and revisit. thanks for all the comments so far.

/ *****1026R TLB loader not working*********** Help!! #7  
A 97 degree day is a normal operating day, shouldn't have anything to do with it. I would make certain that all the couplers are fully seated then cycle the bucket cylinders holding the lever for a second or two at each end of the stroke. Do this several times in case you have air in the lines, you can idle the engine for this as there is no need for high speeds. A cup of fluid added to the system is a very minor change and should not affect the hydraulic operations. I would fill to the full mark and check with the loader and rockshaft in the lowered position.

/ *****1026R TLB loader not working*********** Help!! #8  
Is the backhoe mounted now? Also check the hoses/couplers on the Power Beyond loop that feeds the hoe.