100 Hour Service on DK35se

/ 100 Hour Service on DK35se #1  

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
Even though it was cold and windy today, here in Branson, it was sunny, and I did the 100 hour service on my DK35se. Oil change and filter and chassis Lubrication and of course Loader lube also. I don't see why the Zerks on the brake and hydro pedal linkages could not have been 45 or even 90 degree ones so you do not have to get the flexible hose out to get to them. The 2 front pivot Zerks are easy to get to, and of course the ones on the final drives on the front axle are easy too. While I was at it I cleaned the air filter, and vacuumed out the radiator filters, checked the fan-belt tightness.. I tightened it up as it was a little too loose. I checked my battery terminals for corrosion, but of course since I use No-Ox-Id treated grease on the terminals, I never have to worry about corrosion. The oil drain plugs had me a little worried as some on here have stripped the aluminum pan out by tightening the plugs too much. I could not remember how tight I had cinched them at the 50 hour, but I was relieved when they loosened easily and there was no sign of stripping or shaving on the threads. I tightened them back carefully. I lubed the loader last, and of course run out of grease on my primary grease gun with 2 Zerks to go. I grabbed my small pistol grip gun I had just used to lube the front pivot's with and it was dry too:mad: I looked for cartridges, and I was OUT. :eek: I hunted up my last old seldom used lever style grease-gun, and it had grease in it, so I did the last 2 Zerks on the loader. Counting the 7 tons of 0-6 rock I pushed before the service all in all a pretty good day.

James K0UA

/ 100 Hour Service on DK35se #2  
You are making some of us look bad, takes me a week to get all that done. I need to spend some time on mine. It just turned 152 hrs with no issues and there always seems to be something more pressing to do than check out the tractor. I get the grease gun out everytime I fuel up but haven't gotten around to the detail stuff.
Don va3any

/ 100 Hour Service on DK35se
You are making some of us look bad, takes me a week to get all that done. I need to spend some time on mine. It just turned 152 hrs with no issues and there always seems to be something more pressing to do than check out the tractor. I get the grease gun out everytime I fuel up but haven't gotten around to the detail stuff.
Don va3any

Well the 100 hour is a lot easier than the 50 hour, that is for sure.
James K0UA

/ 100 Hour Service on DK35se #4  
FWIW, Compact Equipment magazine had an article about maintaining equipment that said never blow out an air filter, only replace them. It was from a while back, so I don't recall all the specifics.
Worth noting.....

/ 100 Hour Service on DK35se
FWIW, Compact Equipment magazine had an article about maintaining equipment that said never blow out an air filter, only replace them. It was from a while back, so I don't recall all the specifics.
Worth noting.....

I would agree with that.. I don't blow them out. too liable to punch a hole in it.. I vacuum it out from the outside.. High flow rate , low pressure over a large area with the vacuum, VS. low flow rate high pressure concentrated in a small area with an air nozzle. Been doing this for a while.. and I check them every time by holding it up to the sun and looking for pin holes. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

James K0UA

/ 100 Hour Service on DK35se #6  
I would agree with that.. I don't blow them out. too liable to punch a hole in it.. I vacuum it out from the outside.. High flow rate , low pressure over a large area with the vacuum, VS. low flow rate high pressure concentrated in a small area with an air nozzle. Been doing this for a while.. and I check them every time by holding it up to the sun and looking for pin holes. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

James K0UA

That's an acceptable alternative to using air to blow out the filter from the inside, and as you said it reduces the chance of a blowout, which could lead to particulate matter getting past the filter and doing damage.