$10 small sq bales of Coastal

/ $10 small sq bales of Coastal
Did your Kubota dealer ever find the time to mount your new baler monitor to your tractor so you could try out your new baler?

/ $10 small sq bales of Coastal #33  
Did your Kubota dealer ever find the time to mount your new baler monitor to your tractor so you could try out your new baler?
Sure did. Actually, I just bailed the back (behind the house) fields day before yesterday. The only thing I don't care for is the CAN communication cable has to be run through the back window and attached to the monitor. I much prefer an 'under the floor' cable routing but the communications cable isn't quite long enough to do that. The Focus monitor is very user friendly (much more so than the NH Bale command monitor) and the Focus monitor (when bailing) has a steering wheel on the screen that tells you which way tp drive to fill the chamber evenly, works real well. I also like the software controlled variable density. Have it set for a soft core (easy spear) and as the bale grows, the density grows as well, finishing at 2300 psi. Bales are 'thump' tight every time. Still a PITA to clean (aren't they all)... I always blow them off after bailing, don't like old chaff on everything. It gives me a running total on lineal feet of net used and how much is left before the end of the roll too. So far so good. This winter I'll modify the communications cable to go under the floor with a screw in Molex connector out back, bit for now, I'll deal with it. Just close the back window on the cable, no big deal. Drive chains are auto oil so that is eliminated too. Still have to manually grease it and it has a lot of zerks, unlike the NH bailer that had just a few.

Loaded the side twine carrier with 2 NH Mega balls and threaded the twine arms but I doubt I'll use them except in an emergency. There if I need it, hopefully I never do.

My later Model M7040 than your M9000 has a removable rubber plug then wiring for monitor is routed through slot rubber plug occupied.

/ $10 small sq bales of Coastal #35  
My later Model M7040 than your M9000 has a removable rubber plug then wiring for monitor is routed through slot rubber plug occupied.
I actually have a pair of rubber plugs on the backside of the cab behind the seat bit that still don't eliminate the cable in the cab with me. It is a consideration however. Guess I could sequester the excess cable behind the seat. One plug is slotted and allows for the passage of the trailer 7 way connector harness and cam feeds, the other is not being used. With the other baler, I ran everything under the floor as there is also a rubber slotted plug under there that I brought the cables up through and ran them up the FEL Joystick post to the monitor. I like things neat inside the cab, always have.

The big issue is, the cable as it's currently configured, is hardwired to the bailer with no allowance for removal at all, so if the bailer is parked in the barn, the cable has to stay with it. Why I'll most likely get a multi port Molex weathertight connector from Digikey (with covers) and mount that on the bailer frame so I can disconnect the CAN cable without having to remove it from the tractor every time I park the bailer. I find that to be somewhat of a PITA.

Lots of both hydraulic and electrical hook up's on this one. My NH had one hydraulic and 2 electrical/ electronic. This one has 3 hydraulic (2 for the double acting tailgate (which I prefer as it's not gravity latch) plus one for the pickup table (it's hydraulic raise and lower) and yet another coupler to the tank drain. One cable for bailer prime power, one for the lights and the CAN cable, so lots of stuff going on, way more than I had to deal with previously but this one is light years 'smarter' than my NH was. Maybe a bad thing, maybe a good thing, verdict is out on that, bit to be safe, I extended the warranty an additional 2 years on it anyway. That way, if they have to perform a field call, I'm not paying for it, Kubota is. Warranty covers everything mechanical and electronic with no deductible.

I'd post a picture but they are all in my phone and I don't do the cell phone tap a talk things, so no pictures available.

My JD 4255 tractor & JD 467 rd baler remain attached 24/7/365 parked in barn when not baling hay so monitor wiring cable isn't a problem for me

Last edited:
   / $10 small sq bales of Coastal #37  
My JD 4255 tractor & JD 467 rd baler stayed attached 24/7/365 parked in barn when not baling hay.
I don't have that luxury, wish I did. I run the discbine and the baler on the same tractor and rake and shredder on the other.

Yesterday, the regional Kubota rep and my tech made a house call. Have 2 issues with the baler. One, it hesitates to wrap at any diameter under 60" and attempts multiple times (designed to attempt 3 times default) and 2, the pickup table appears to sit crooked on the baler main frame (it does and he saw it as well). Turns out Kubota forgot to install the left hand tension spring for the pickup float so it was cocking the pickup. That is coming and he accessed the computer and adjusted the net tail to extend slightly farther so the bale grabs it easier. He said they were having an issue with it so he adjusted it. In the dealer access program in the computer. The automatic chain oiler is nice, no more oiling chains and the bulk of the grease fittings are central one shot too.

Rolls a very nice drum tight bale with a soft center for easy spearing.

Interestingly, while it's a 4x5 (60") baler, it will roll to 70" but he advised me to stay at 60 due to belt fatigue. I'm good with that.

Unlike my old NH, this one has a 'steering wheel' on the screen that shows bale fill and if it's lopsided the steering wheel turns the way you need to go to make a flat faced bale. The HN had arrows instead.

Considering the baler all in cost me 10 grand and Kubota gave me 0 percent financing, I'm tickled with it.

No hay here and half the garden planted too. Not getting enough days between the rains to do anything.

Yesterday, the regional Kubota rep and my tech made a house call. Have 2 issues with the baler. One, it hesitates to wrap at any diameter under 60" and attempts multiple times (designed to attempt 3 times default) and 2, the pickup table appears to sit crooked on the baler main frame (it does and he saw it as well). Turns out Kubota forgot to install the left hand tension spring for the pickup float so it was cocking the pickup. That is coming and he accessed the computer and adjusted the net tail to extend slightly farther so the bale grabs it easier. He said they were having an issue with it so he adjusted it. In the dealer access program in the computer. The automatic chain oiler is nice, no more oiling chains and the bulk of the grease fittings are central one shot too.
Sounds as if Kubota needs to concentrate on "their new equipment quality control"' if a spring was missing allowing pickup to cock sideways & net attachment didn't operate correctly!!

/ $10 small sq bales of Coastal #39  
Sounds as if Kubota needs to concentrate on "their new equipment quality control"' if a spring was missing allowing pickup to cock sideways & net attachment didn't operate correctly!!
I believe what transpired with this one is... My dealer got it from another dealer last fall under the dealer trade new equipment program (it came from somewhere in Ohio and was trucked to my dealer. I believe the Ohio dealer for some reason removed one of the flat springs and suspension rods but never replaced it, so it was missing and my dealer really had no way of knowing it was until I found out it was. Not putting it on Kubota or my dealer, putting it on the Ohio dealer that removed it and never replaced it. According to the Kubota rep some bailer exhibit a short net tail and erratic start pickup when running less than a full 60" bale, some don't but the fix for that was simple. he went into the program and extended the tail a couple inches. Took all of 10 seconds. On a full 6-" bale, it's no issue. On a less than 60" bale it (is) or should I say was...

One thing I'm not 'crazy' about is, without the 'PIN' number you cannot access the computer to make field adjustments, they have to be done by the dealer or a rep. I'm gonna find out the PIN number by hook or crook. Kind of like JD and their end user non access. I find that to be BS. I own it and I should be able to access ALL the parameters.

/ $10 small sq bales of Coastal #40  
I believe what transpired with this one is... My dealer got it from another dealer last fall under the dealer trade new equipment program (it came from somewhere in Ohio and was trucked to my dealer. I believe the Ohio dealer for some reason removed one of the flat springs and suspension rods but never replaced it, so it was missing and my dealer really had no way of knowing it was until I found out it was. Not putting it on Kubota or my dealer, putting it on the Ohio dealer that removed it and never replaced it. According to the Kubota rep some bailer exhibit a short net tail and erratic start pickup when running less than a full 60" bale, some don't but the fix for that was simple. he went into the program and extended the tail a couple inches. Took all of 10 seconds. On a full 6-" bale, it's no issue. On a less than 60" bale it (is) or should I say was...

One thing I'm not 'crazy' about is, without the 'PIN' number you cannot access the computer to make field adjustments, they have to be done by the dealer or a rep. I'm gonna find out the PIN number by hook or crook. Kind of like JD and their end user non access. I find that to be BS. I own it and I should be able to access ALL the parameters.
Yep, the Right-2-Repair for something like that would be super handy.