1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand?

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #171  
Do John Deere tractors generally require "proprietary" attachments/implements, or can they accept generically-designed attachments? Or maybe it varies by JD model, etc.

That's my understanding based on comments over the years, but it seems unlikely. For reference, my total tractor experience is having a subcompact Kubota for 6 years, so please excuse my ignorance if that's incorrect.
All the John Deere's in my life from small to huge have had proprietary loaders. 3-points are universal in their respective category though some of the subcompacts (think garden style tractors) have non-standard Cat 0 hookups.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #172  
yes, current ones built in Brazil in similar all new high tech factory AGCO built there
mine was a 2019
mine came equipped with 34 inch Trelleborg radials which they later downsized to 30 or 32 I think.
34's were sized for 100hp variant but I guess when they built mine that's what they had.
those big radial tires were incredibly compliant.

My 5711D was built in France because of the transmission, otherwise it would have been built in Brazil.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #173  
Pay no attention to him.
That same person pushes EV's and Tesla non stop.

Yep, just because a Tesla works for you has no relationship to whether it will work for someone else.

I go from laughter to ranting when people talk about EV semi-trucks, AG tractors, combines, etc.!

When people talk about an EV car being more Earth-friendly, I get pretty irritated. When you look at the full life-cycle costs and environmental impacts, EV's are not very good. My 55MPG DIESEL VW had a much lower environmental footprint.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #174  
I have read a discussion that the oem JD quick attach is simpler in design and more importantly, weighs less.
The less the hitch weighs, the more lift capacity you have. Plus the SSQA sticks out a little further??
thankfully easy to compare lift capacity of comparable units regardless of what design they use.

I never found the SSQA version that foolproof to use. Maybe my aim was bad but
often had to fiddle and wiggle to get it hooked in. I wonder if the JD simply works better?

before you load on the dealer's oem implements, compare to Everything Attachments and other suppliers.
though I always found the premium paid for Land Pride equipment was worth it.
But for a bush hog, I went to Bush Hog...who also built my rear 84 rototiller.
For a rear blade and box blade I went to EA.

remember that a tractor is nothing but an implement carrier
so save enough money to get good implements.
if you have a 50k budget, don't spend it all on the tractor...
if you want the tractor to last forever, you will likely have the same expectations for your implements.
EA is no more. Fraud, theft, etc. if you read the long post about it.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #175  
JD & Kubota make great compacts, but I’d take a look at Massey Ferguson before you sign on the dotted line.
At the Boy Scout camp I volunteer at, over the last 10+ years we've had 2 John Deers (a 90 Hp and a 770), a NH and now a Kubota M6070. All of them have been srd by
JD & Kubota make great compacts, but I’d take a look at Massey Ferguson before you sign on the dotted line.
At the local Boy Scout camp i volunteer at, over the last 10+ years we've had two John Deer's (a 90 Hp and a 770 we still have the 770) a NH (a 60+HP) and a currently a Kubota M-6070. All were/are driven by multiple volunteers, (some of whom seemed to have the attitude of run it like you stole it).
The NH did not hold up nearly as well as the others.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #176  
Good point. Some of these tractors are not meant for large people. Not sure how you stack up physically but I can tell that the Kubota tractor is built for a smaller framed/sized person than most resulting in some ergonomic compromise. Common to see keys bent over by the operators knee if he is 6 ft tall and gannon and gear/speed controls feel like they are in your side pockets.
Ya, our 6+ft, >350lb guy hates the 6070 because it's too small Loved the big JD

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #177  
At the Boy Scout camp I volunteer at, over the last 10+ years we've had 2 John Deers (a 90 Hp and a 770), a NH and now a Kubota M6070. All of them have been srd by

At the local Boy Scout camp i volunteer at, over the last 10+ years we've had two John Deer's (a 90 Hp and a 770 we still have the 770) a NH (a 60+HP) and a currently a Kubota M-6070. All were/are driven by multiple volunteers, (some of whom seemed to have the attitude of run it like you stole it).
The NH did not hold up nearly as well as the others.
I keep reading Kubota M6070 lately, and not just in this thread. IDK if it's just you, or others as well, but can someone post a link to a Kubota M6070 as I can find no information on the model, even on Kubotas web page? I'm thinking y'all mean Kubota M7060, or possibly M6060?

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #179  
gosh I sure didn't know that. ????
will search on this
thanks
Last I heard, law enforcement was looking for him after transferring assets to various family members and adult children.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #180  
gosh I sure didn't know that. ????
will search on this
thanks
There are a few threads down in the Attachments section about it.

Start at the beginning and read the first 100 or so posts, then they just degenerate.