“Abandoned” Case 310 dozer

/ “Abandoned” Case 310 dozer #11  
Is it diesel or gas? I believe they made two different engine types, I think it's the equivalent of a d2 cat. I know it's smaller than a D3 cat and a JD 350, so it's easier to transport. I was looking at them a few years ago, keep in mind 350 cases and the 310s can still be found frequently running and operating for under 10k.
Good find.

/ “Abandoned” Case 310 dozer
Is it diesel or gas? I believe they made two different engine types, I think it's the equivalent of a d2 cat. I know it's smaller than a D3 cat and a JD 350, so it's easier to transport. I was looking at them a few years ago, keep in mind 350 cases and the 310s can still be found frequently running and operating for under 10k.
Good find.
All I have read about 310’s says they are gas. Until I officially meet the neighbor, I ain’t gonna trespass to take a closer look... this one looks like it has the inboard 4-way blade.

/ “Abandoned” Case 310 dozer #13  
All I have read about 310’s says they are gas. Until I officially meet the neighbor, I ain’t gonna trespass to take a closer look... this one looks like it has the inboard 4-way blade.
Later models had a diesel, like I said I was looking at them. It's basically a crawler tractor with a blade would be interesting if it also had a 3 pt and pto like some older JD 420s did.

I just want the guy to say “it’s junk, gimme a C-note and haul it away”!

/ “Abandoned” Case 310 dozer #15  
Transmission reverse idler shaft is out!! Never saw a 310 yet that wasnt or didnt shortly after purchase! --got one myself sitting in the junkpile cause there aint no more shafts to be had! Mine is a 310-g loader model. Been looking fo 2 years now for parts for it and they are hard to find and x'pensive when/if you find them. The 310 crawler ate shafts like candy from my research on them AFTER I bought mine! Had I known this before the fact I would not have bought one! 340 IH would be better choice!

The prime reason I am interested in this unit is because it is 30 feet over the property line. . . Sooooo close. . . .

now, by “shaft is out!” Do you mean worn out? Or straight-up busted?

thanks for any info - I still have not had a chance to get hold of the next-door neighbor…

/ “Abandoned” Case 310 dozer #17  
flimsy needle bearings go out and eat the shaft up and IF you were lucky enough to stop in time, the shaft is cut all to hell but if you didnt stop in time it breaks and takes out a WHOLE bunch of x'pensive gears! lol!

Is there any way to check that without having to open up the trans?