Need help identifying 1/4" bearing ball in Kubota B7300 Gearbox

/ Need help identifying 1/4" bearing ball in Kubota B7300 Gearbox #1  

horsemeat33

Tractor
Kubota B7300
Short story: I pulled the hydraulic cylinder case off of the differential gear case. When I turned the hydraulic cylinder case upside down, a small 1/4" bearing ball fell out. Any idea where this might have come from?

Long story: Bought my first tractor, a used B7300 with 114 hours, from a local tractor dealer that had cleaned it up and serviced it. 6 months and 50 hours later, I put the tractor on its right side, shut it down immediately, righted it in about an hour, towed it back to the barn, then let it sit wheel side down for two days. After inspecting the engine and topping off transmission (about 2 gallons) with Kubota Super UDT2 fluid (which is what was in it already), the engine started right up, HST moved backward and forward normally, and PTO spun. However the loader and the 3 point hitch won't move; the hitch is free, I can pick it up and drop it by hand, but nothing from the hydraulic system. I checked all the quick connects and inspected for leaks (there were none). I thought it might be caused by an overfilled reservoir, so I did the smart thing and tried to pump it out from the top and dropped a plastic straw into the diff, creating an opportunity to take it apart and see what's what. So I pulled the hydraulic cylinder case off the differential gear case to get the straw out of the reservoir. When I turned the cylinder case upside down (shiny part up, paint part down) a 1/4" steel ball fell inside the case. I don't know if came from the cylinder case originally or if it fell into the case from somewhere in the diff case when it was on its side. I've checked all the parts diagrams and can't fine it anywhere. I'm assuming it belongs to a check valve somewhere, but no clue where.

Tomorrow I'm going to drain the transmission fluid in hopes of finding a home for my ball and to inspect for additional contamination from gasket maker: there was rubbery gray gasket maker hanging from about half of the lip of the diff case, meaning there's probably half more somewhere in the hydraulic system. Once I've found a home for the bearing and confirmed the gunk is cleared, I plan to reassemble and purge any potential air from the lines by starting with the clutch pressed for a minute and then rocking the forward/reverse pedal a few times as suggested in another thread on this forum.

Thanks in advance for the help and welcome any admonishment for the mistakes made so far. I understand how to use a tractor safely on hills, but didn't heed: I got moving too fast while clearing some blackberries and hit a hole with my bucket in the air. I'm grateful for my ROPS and always use my seatbelt.

/ Need help identifying 1/4" bearing ball in Kubota B7300 Gearbox #2  
Look at the exploded parts view.

/ Need help identifying 1/4" bearing ball in Kubota B7300 Gearbox
To close the loop on this, I called Messicks and they helped me find that the ball belonged behind a lever in the hydraulic control valve.

After re-assembling, I still didn't have any pressure. So I drained and found lots of that gasket sealer coming out of the bottom of the unit. Ran for a few minutes with cheap fluid from WalMart, which resulted in a bit of pressure, but still not normal. Drained that and replaced with Kubota Fluid (Super UDT2) and now its running as good as new.