Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,891  
6 of 14 in Doc lot electric... Tesla's, Bolt, Lightning, etc.

I provide no charging so no advantages or preference from the Hospital...
0 of 25 in my work parking lot. Toyota, Chevy, Ford, Mazda, Hyundai, BMW, Jeep, etc. 😅

I've never seen an EV in the industrial park I work in (a few hundred ICE).

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,892  
Well your lack of empathy for the motorcyclist's family is noted. ......but heres a simple change Tesla could make, is do everything in their power to no longer call it " Autopilot" so lame drivers and their ilk would no longer be so confident on it's tech capabilities.....same as even you and Gale admit must be overrode often.
Do you know what the thing does in aircraft which is called "autopilot" Most are little more than wing levelers, elevation and azimuth holders. Much less than Tesla's FSD performs.

And what makes you think support of suing someone not responsible is somehow sympathy for the victim? It just makes more victims.

You clearly don't know of my activity in the motorcycle community. But you don't have to know.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,893  
I would not expect saving $30-40/week on gas is the reason doctors are buying EVs. A doctor with a Bolt is difficult to fathom. If I was their patient I would ask him/her/it "Why?".

IMO most EV buyers are virtue signaling. Then, they need to make up reasons to justify their choice so they do not look like lemmings.
You can't believe anyone would do so "because it is fun?"

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,894  
First-ever autonomous motor race streams live this weekend

As ICE is phase out due not being as economical to manufacture and maintain we see the future generations focus on developing self driving solutions with fast enough response time for racing needs.

I think it is a combination, I Always want to know who's engine the team is running when watching the Indy 500.
It was more interesting when there were multiple engine designs run against each other just as the different drivers made a difference. In NASCAR it got more boring when they eliminated the different body designs and only allowed slight variations in the basic body shape.
IndyCar is going to be different this year with the introduction of hybrids. This Indy 500 will be the last year of gas only engines.

AI racing I will watch to see how the different systems perform.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,895  
0 of 25 in my work parking lot. Toyota, Chevy, Ford, Mazda, Hyundai, BMW, Jeep, etc. 😅

I've never seen an EV in the industrial park I work in (a few hundred ICE).
What about Hybrids like Prius?

One reason for lots of Tesla's is probably being 20 minutes from the Tesla Fremont?

I referenced Lightning because the 2 owners I know genuinely like their Lightnings.

All the manufactures mentioned above have battery or some battery/ice offering.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,896  
What about Hibrids like Prius?

One reason for lots of Tesla's is probably being 20 minutes from the Tesla Fremont?

I referenced Lightning because the 2 owners I know genuinely like their Lightnings.
I've always seen a few Prius around for over the years.

I did see a Lucid the other day on the highway.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,897  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,898  
Do you know what the thing does in aircraft which is called "autopilot" Most are little more than wing levelers, elevation and azimuth holders. Much less than Tesla's FSD performs.

And what makes you think support of suing someone not responsible is somehow sympathy for the victim? It just makes more victims.

You clearly don't know of my activity in the motorcycle community. But you don't have to know.
Do you really think , Millennials and Gen Zs or Xs know what limitations Autopilot has in a plane......its the perception they see or hear whether in movies or not autopilot means let go of the steering, let it land itself , while Pilot flirts with the Stewardess. That perception and the growing factual base that Tesla drivers are letting themselve be distracted because they think "Autopilot" means they can . As more accidents with Musk's guinea pigs occur. More Lawyers will get involved and unfortunately the richest can afford to weasel out and hide the flaws in his profit maker. Hopefully NHSTA will get more involved and care about others.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,899  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,900  
First-ever autonomous motor race streams live this weekend

As ICE is phase out due not being as economical to manufacture and maintain we see the future generations focus on developing self driving solutions with fast enough response time for racing needs.
Weeeeee!!!
2024_04_25_10.33.55.jpg