/ John Deere showing codes #1  

rooster1980

Tractor
john deere 5085M, john deere 1025R, Massey Ferguson 2607H, Ford 3600, Allis Chalmers G new holland TS110
2015 john deere 5085m keeps throwing code ECU 3673.07. It worked fine last fall, it’s been sitting pretty much all winter. Thanks in advance

/ John Deere showing codes #2  
Exhaust throttle valve not responding or out of adjustment. I don’t know what that means, maybe something to do with emissions controls.

/ John Deere showing codes
yes, i believe its something to do with the emissions. i was wandering if i could take the valve off and clean it.

/ John Deere showing codes #4  
Did you jump start or change batteries since last year? Most everything I have read points to ECU.

Yes, the battery went dead a few months ago. i charged the battery and it worked fine. i havent reallly used it much all winter, i use a different tractor to feed hay and stuff with during the winter. i usually just use the John Deere to pull a disc cutter with.

/ John Deere showing codes #6  
Does it run normally? Or is there an actual performance issue too

/ John Deere showing codes #7  
It seems there is more of a danger burning out the ECU/ECM when there is electrical disruption. Either jump starting, starting with a bad battery, or charging issues seem to risk the electrical components.

It seems there is more of a danger burning out the ECU/ECM when there is electrical disruption. Either jump starting, starting with a bad battery, or charging issues seem to risk the electrical components.
the battery is the original battery. it is 9 years old but the tractor starts fine.

/ John Deere showing codes #10  
I wonder if you could remove the battery for a while and then repower to see if that would reset the CEL