Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,841  
I thought the MYP was 'fairly' quick.

This is another step forward in Performance.

Gali is a cheerleader sometimes.

Tesla Q1 2024 earnings are hot off the press! Tesla crushes it with a surprise $1B+ GAAP profit, strong guidance and and absolutely legendary conference call. Tesla is going all in on FSD with the new V12 rewrite, and its Robotaxi event on 8/8, where it looks like the 'Cybercab' will be unveiled. Elon Musk shocked Tesla fans and shareholders on the earnings call when he said the new cheaper vehicle would be ready for production as soon as late 2024 or early 2025.
Cybercab was the only surprising thing that I heard new and I think it is very descriptive.

As a software person from 1969 and an FSD daily user since Feb 2023 clearly Ver. 12.x.x.4 has struck paydirt and may be ready to Free Range in the next few years.

Like Musk said yesterday those who can't see FSD happening shouldn't own stock.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,842  
I wonder if there would be an option to have LESS performance, if that resulted in a lowering of insurance, or for new drivers.
We pay about $650/yr for three cars... My sport bikes are about $120/year each. I can only imagine repair costs and performance making insurance premiums, well, premium. At least if my bike is a total loss, it only costs the insurance company $7k.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,843  

An interesting article.

I am not smart enough to understand how the Robotaxi is such a game changer. Now, it seems the "cheaper" EV is back on track...or is it? Time will tell. I am smart enough to understand a cheaper EV could be a game changer but with EV sales stalling and lower margins is it enough?

Some people have already taken a haircut on Tesla stock. And without more "new and improved" stuff that will generate profit, the stock is overvalued at its current price. EV sales are stalling, and margins are dropping on their core product. Some rough waters ahead.

By "rough waters" I mean people holding stock could face loses. The company has a good product, so it will survive, but it will not be the "darling" it once was.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,845  
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,846  
I’d love to have power generation and storage self contained on our next property. It only needs to last 20 years… then I’d be dead and not care 😂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,847  
All companies are mortal... Even Tesla. Nothing is perfect... Regardless of what YT influencers claim
Tesla will not go belly up. There is too much value in the company IMO.

Anyone who thinks it is worth $250 a share is brilliant or a fool. After living 73 years and running two companies I have seen a lot more fools than brilliant people.

As to YT influencers, if they are brilliant, they would have real jobs making real money.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,848  
Tesla will not go belly up. There is too much value in the company IMO.

Anyone who thinks it is worth $250 a share is brilliant or a fool. After living 73 years and running two companies I have seen a lot more fools than brilliant people.

As to YT influencers, if they are brilliant, they would have real jobs making real money.
Oh I’m not saying they will go bust… I’m saying, all companies are capable of failure. They are all capable of losing money, market share, layoffs, failed products. They are all led by humans, and humans are flawed and ignorant.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,849  
Tesla is up 10% this morning. Is it a dead cat bounce or something real? It opened at 162, let's see where it is at the close.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,850  
The problem with Tesla's new low cost vehicle that may or may not happen is competition. Unlike the original Teslas with almost no rivals when they were introduced, a new cheap Tesla will be competing with several other makes and models.