Question for those who live in California

/ Question for those who live in California #261  
A lot of states I’m familiar with treat employee retirement like the federal government. Employees pay into and collect from both a retirement system and social security.
Works for me.

I did some detailed calculating and always living cheapskate, at 54 I realized I could retire on investments put away from prior real estate flipping and then 20 years auditing public works contracts.

State pension is minimal having retired so young, but the lifetime family medical insurance was a guarantee against future medical costs and the risk of medical bankruptcy.

25 years later now, we're comfortable.

/ Question for those who live in California #262  
The next wage frontier is the $25 minimum for healthcare and it comes with a twist.

SB 525 is broad enough to include gardeners, janitorial, security, etc… depending on over all number of employees enterprise wide.

/ Question for those who live in California
CA is the largest market in the country.
Funny you say that, because it's also true that California is the largest market in HVAC in the US as well.

The issue is that manufacturers are forced to make a product that meets California requirements.

Just once, just once, I would love to see a boycott of the state from manufacturers telling the state "sorry, we don't meet your requirements, so we can't sell our product in your state".

Baby dolls, who cares. When it comes to heating and air, people WILL care.

Last edited:
   / Question for those who live in California #265  
CALSTRS is CA teachers retirement system. I belong to CALPERS which is all other CA employees other than teachers. It includes municipal, first responders etc. Currently CALPERS is the largest retirement system in the country with assets od $466 Billion. Last years investment produced 5.66% return. Not bad

61A92C81-39C5-4405-80E9-165BF94761AA.png

/ Question for those who live in California #266  
Funny you say that, because it's also true that California is the largest market in HVAC in the US as well.

The issue is that manufacturers are forced to make a product that meets California requirements.

Just once, just once, I would love to see a boycott of the state from manufacturers telling the state "sorry, we don't meet your requirements, so we can't sell our product in your state".

I think we are hearing that insurance companies are doing exactly that.

/ Question for those who live in California #267  
I think we are hearing that insurance companies are doing exactly that.
State Farm is pulling out and trying to force insurance law changes.

/ Question for those who live in California #268  

Honda has said this with gas outdoor equipment…

Funny you mention A/C as I just approved a 380k 410 retrofit.

Im
Out of options and rental air ain’t cheap!

/ Question for those who live in California #269  
The news isn't all bad. Here's an example of California leading the nation in a good direction.

It says renewables have become the least-cost method to increase available electricity.