Online real estate pictures

/ Online real estate pictures #21  
I recently, maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago, had a thread about a "10 acre property, or maybe 15" that was actually 3.3 acres and an almost disconnect additional 8.8 acres of distant dry lake bottom. If that same property was lised as 3.3 acres, we wouldn't have even looked into any further.

We have also had a fair number of places you look at, right ammount of property and dilapidated home, that they ask too much for vacant land (ie demo and restart), and the home isn't livable.

/ Online real estate pictures #22  
...We where discussing, and I said, I wish my house sat further back for more privacy, he said he wished his was like 100-150 from front, because the house provides the privacy to the back yard. That kinda is a good point, the front yard is the 'public' facing part, and the back yard your private part; ie smaller public in front, means more private in back

That's what we found over the years. I'd rather have a large back yard than a front one.

Even worse is a corner lot. You basically have two side yards, both on streets. We had that for 11 years. Won't ever do that again.

/ Online real estate pictures #24  
Yeah, the wife would get pissed if I worked on my Harley in the living room. :rolleyes:
When my future wife was in college, I drove my motorcycle in the rain to visit her for a weekend. Bike got soaked and I got sick. Had to leave the next morning and bike would not start. Still pouring rain. Had to roll it into her living room through her patio doors to dry it out, taking breaks to throw up. She was not please. 🫤

(married me anyways ;))

/ Online real estate pictures #25  
When my future wife was in college, I drove my motorcycle in the rain to visit her for a weekend. Bike got soaked and I got sick. Had to leave the next morning and bike would not start. Still pouring rain. Had to roll it into her living room through her patio doors to dry it out, taking breaks to throw up. She was not please. 🫤

(married me anyways ;))

Wow. She is a keeper (I know you know that already)!

/ Online real estate pictures #26  
From what I'm hearing, there are a bunch of people wanting to buy houses, but not at the current interest rate. Odds are good that the Fed will drop interest rates by a point before the election to help the economy. Once this happens, panic buying on housing will happen and the price of houses will skyrocket. I don't know if this will happen or not, but if I was buying or selling, it would be something that I would be thinking about.

/ Online real estate pictures #28  
From what I'm hearing, there are a bunch of people wanting to buy houses, but not at the current interest rate. Odds are good that the Fed will drop interest rates by a point before the election to help the economy. Once this happens, panic buying on housing will happen and the price of houses will skyrocket. I don't know if this will happen or not, but if I was buying or selling, it would be something that I would be thinking about.
Was looking at houses last week with one of our kids. Found many that are under $150K. That would put mortgage payments around $1K per month. You'd also pay back around $300K after 30 years and interest. Of course, you could pay it off much sooner. That was at ~6.5 % interest rate.

Considering our first house we paid 3 points to get our interest rate down to 12.5% that seems like a bargain.

Also, kid is making 5-6X what I made back then, and would borrow ~5X what I borrowed back then, so kid would be paying about same percentage of income towards house payments as I was back them.

It's not that different, at least in this area, as it was 40 years ago.

/ Online real estate pictures
That's what we found over the years. I'd rather have a large back yard than a front one.

Even worse is a corner lot. You basically have two side yards, both on streets. We had that for 11 years. Won't ever do that again.
The PERFECT house is where you can mow in your birthday suit on both your front and back yard and not have anyone complain 😜

/ Online real estate pictures #30  
So what you house/land hunters should be doing is lining up your finances and narrowing down your choices. Be prepared to JUMP.
The last house my wife and I bought was:
Advertised wrong (listed as 2.5 acres, actually 3.5)
Virtually unshowable, full of clothes wall to wall, such that several bedrooms were difficult to walk through.
Only advertised in the newspaper briefly. The real estate agent didn't want to waste money on a property that wouldn't show.
Needed a quick sale - bank was hounding owner.

But it punched all the other boxes on the checklist.
We were prepared to jump and did.

The biggest "problem" is that it was so inexpensive my wife views it more as a "vacation" property and we have not moved down there yet.
/edit - meant to add we bought in 2011.

Last edited: