New SXS

/ New SXS #61  
Remember when you used to buy your new pickup truck for 50 grand?

I think at that point of the price of that Ranger or Can Am, I would just buy a street legal Jeep and become one of those Jeep people.
Hey! What's wrong with us Jeep people?!!!

Just because we drive where people can't walk... (This was years ago)
Copy of 5733470758_8753d341c0_o.jpg

/ New SXS
Ok. Just wanted to be sure I'm not crazy. And to speak on the CF Moto.. My one Yamaha dealer has been selling then for years with few complaints. I think you made a good decision on your purchase
Hope so. So far I really enjoy it. It is quieter and less hot inside than an RZR 900 and 1000. But it has a really cool sound. The LED headlights are good enough that I don't need to add any forward facing lights. Seat, ride and handling is very good.
It does have some engine braking, but not throw you through the windshield like a Polaris. But the clutch does totally disconnect if you are on a downhill where you are riding the brakes, and it free wheels.
Still breaking it in, so never held it wide open, but it is very responsive up to the 45 MPH I've hit.

Attachments

• 20240407_203103.jpg
    20240407_203103.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240407_203131.jpg
    20240407_203131.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240407_203634.jpg
    20240407_203634.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240407_203642.jpg
    20240407_203642.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 32
   / New SXS #64  
I've been a Jeep owner for many, many years. Still own a 2006 Wrangler Rubicon. AND a Can-am Defender.

I bought the Can-am because the Jeep, with its solid axles and limited wheel travel, beats you to death on a rough road/trail. The Can-am literally just floats over those same trails...comfortable, soft ride. Plus, the Can-am weighs less than half of what the Jeep weighs which makes a huge difference if you have to traverse soft terrain.

One of these days when you are out on the trail with your new CF Moto and meet someone in a Wrangler, ask to trade vehicles for a mile or so. You'll see why side by sides are so popular when the road gets rough. Far as I'm concerned, the main advantage of the Jeep is that it is street-legal everywhere.

🤔 Hmmm... I can agree to some degree. We still have the 2000 TJ, yes street legal, has heat (SxS does too) and A/C and can do 70-80mph, Can tow a 4k trailer and may not ride as good as a SxS but it does pretty good.
We have ATV's as well and they just are for different trails and riding.

Then we got This late January when they had huge rebates and Dealers were making great deals.
20240217_091517.jpg

Only have 17 hours on it so far over 2 different outings, one in OK. and one in TX.

I never even considered one until late last year the wife said sometimes she doesn't want to ride the ATV but would like to just be a passenger and then it seemed so many people were now on the trails with SxS so I did a ton of research and the KRX 1000 is quickly becoming the SxS of choice for durability and capability. It's for sure not the fastest but it can climb like a goat and rides so smooth.

/ New SXS
🤔 Hmmm... I can agree to some degree. We still have the 2000 TJ, yes street legal, has heat (SxS does too) and A/C and can do 70-80mph, Can tow a 4k trailer and may not ride as good as a SxS but it does pretty good.
We have ATV's as well and they just are for different trails and riding.

Then we got This late January when they had huge rebates and Dealers were making great deals.
View attachment 861212

Only have 17 hours on it so far over 2 different outings, one in OK. and one in TX.

I never even considered one until late last year the wife said sometimes she doesn't want to ride the ATV but would like to just be a passenger and then it seemed so many people were now on the trails with SxS so I did a ton of research and the KRX 1000 is quickly becoming the SxS of choice for durability and capability. It's for sure not the fastest but it can climb like a goat and rides so smooth.
That looks nice too. I never have looked at a Kawi.
But my wife is the same. I have that nice passenger seat on my Sportsman but she just wasn't comfortable on it any more.
I imagine there will be places I can't go any more with the CF due to it's 64 inch width, but the added comfort is a good trade.

/ New SXS #66  
I imagine there will be places I can't go any more with the CF due to it's 64 inch width, but the added comfort is a good trade.
Yes, there are tradeoffs with a wider rig. They are too wide to fit in some places - but they are also more stable. One of the reasons I bought my Can-am is because it is 65" wide. A lot more stable than a narrow rig when on an off-camber trail...which we have a lot of where I ride. Watched too many rollovers with the narrow ones. Check out this video at 5:15 to see what happens to a narrow Polaris on the side of a mountain:

The type of country you see in this video is what is typical here in Nevada also.

/ New SXS
Yes, there are tradeoffs with a wider rig. They are too wide to fit in some places - but they are also more stable. One of the reasons I bought my Can-am is because it is 65" wide. A lot more stable than a narrow rig when on an off-camber trail...which we have a lot of where I ride. Watched too many rollovers with the narrow ones. Check out this video at 5:15 to see what happens to a narrow Polaris on the side of a mountain:

The type of country you see in this video is what is typical here in Nevada also.
Ya, I was originally looking at the 50 inch wides and everyone kept telling me to go wider.
I'm definitely going to have a learning curve with the SxS. I have to learn the limits. On my Sportsman atv, I could at least stand up and shift weight like on a dirt bike crossing washouts, etc.

/ New SXS #69  
When going down hills, if the clutch disconnects, blip the throttle, the clutch will re-engage and give you some engine breaking.
Never finance a toy.
If possible, never finance anything.

/ New SXS #70  
When going down hills, if the clutch disconnects, blip the throttle, the clutch will re-engage and give you some engine breaking.
Never finance a toy.
If possible, never finance anything.
Believe it or not, not everyone can pay cash for a toy