What do you drive for a truck?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #51  
Not my Daily Driver, only used for fun.
Sweet! I have this available to me if I need it. :)

truck.jpg

/ What do you drive for a truck? #52  
17 F250 Diesel. 30k miles. I also have a 2010 Subaru Outback beater (125k miles) that I drive to town and most places if I dont need the truck. Love them both.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #53  
Mine is a 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie, pretty little thing and quite comfortable.

View attachment 853188

LOVE that interior!

One of the things I hate about many of the new vehicles is that the interior comes in black. No other color options. Makes the interior look like a tomb...and at my age, I'll be in a tomb soon enough!

/ What do you drive for a truck? #54  
I really like the Ram 2500 with the 6.4 Hemi. This is my third one since 2019

So essentially you trade trucks once a year. Why?

Just curious...coming from someone who keeps vehicles for many years...had a GMC van I drove for over 32 years!

/ What do you drive for a truck? #55  
LOVE that interior!

One of the things I hate about many of the new vehicles is that the interior comes in black. No other color options. Makes the interior look like a tomb...and at my age, I'll be in a tomb soon enough!

Its because the vast majority dont like light interiors, they dont age well and show dirt too easily. But looks are subjective of course.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #56  
I have a 2016 Chevy 2500HD crew cab, 6.0, 4x4. Bought new when I retired. Use it for general running around, towing 14K tilt bed trailer, 14K dump trailer, 30' camper. MPG sucks but it was the price I had to pay to haul the trailers which are all out of my previous Chevy 1/2T range.
DSCN1736 (Medium).JPG
DSCN1746 (Medium).JPG
DSCN1768 (Medium).JPG

/ What do you drive for a truck? #59  
So essentially you trade trucks once a year. Why?

Just curious...coming from someone who keeps vehicles for many years...had a GMC van I drove for over 32 years!
No, I don't trade that often. They are my company vehicles. I just sold the 2019 Ram to my son in law. He and my daughter took over part of my business, and they needed it more than I did.

I just have one or 2 employees now. I drive the 2022 Ram 2500, and my main guy drives a 2020 Ram 2500. We also have a 2016 Ram 3500 that is used only when we need to pull the 40' trailer to haul more equipment.

I usually trade them at about 100,000 miles which is about 4 years or so. My 2022 is just over 2 years old and it has about 46,000 miles on it now.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #60  
I have a 2017 GMC 3500, the only fancy stuff the engine has is variable valve timing.

I can tell you this, from a mechanical perspective- do a thorough search on the powertrain that you buy, and I would avoid anything with anything similar to GM’s Active Fuel Management (where the cylinders drop out under certain conditions)

This may be difficult to avoid because the EPA standards are calling for it more and more.

It is a disaster for engines, severely curtailing longevity.

Toyota really is (generally speaking) the best engineered product out there.

Can’t you turn off the GM AFM?

I had that on my Tahoe and the motor went 210,000 without a rebuild. Just needed a timing gear. I threw an oil pump in it while it there because it was cheap & easy.