The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner?

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #424  
I'm dreaming about one.....
Look on Amazon. I got a Warfox plasma cutter a year or so ago for a stunning amount less than a comparable Hypertherm. I think it was $240 Cdn plus a couple of large packs of consumables and an air dryer. Well, 2 air dryers. The first one disappeared in transit. LOL Got everything for well under $500 after taxes and shipping.

Anyway, it works just fine for a farm. Just keep the 110-220v adapter away from idiots. It plugs into 220 but outputs 220 to the 110v format plug that comes out the back of the cutter. It "adapts" but doesn't convert. The cutter is designed to work on either from the same plug. Cost me a 140 amp Lincoln wire feed welder when some idjit thought it would be a good idea to plug it into the "adapter". I think he thought it would be a good way to not blow the 15a 110v shop breaker.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #425  
To be able to cut from 30ga to 3/4 plate, click a few buttons and turn right around and stick weld is a game changer for sure.
Lotos CT520D
I also put on an air/water seperator, then a motor gaurd filter for plasma air filtration.

Last edited:
   / The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #426  
I recently got a plasma cutter...What took me so long?
Every welder needs to cut metal. I wonder why it took me 15 yrs to get this tool.
Same here! It does the job, so much faster than every other cutter I've used.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #427  
Same here! It does the job, so much faster than every other cutter I've used.
Faster, easier, and safer than the disc cutter, chop saw, sawzall methods I been using for 40 plus yrs... Problem now is I'm waiting for something to cut :love:

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #428  
While you are waiting,, build this for your plasma cutter,,

box.jpg

I built this one 24 years ago,,

It uses plasma,, and oxy/fuel, depending on how thick the steel is,,

DSC_0020640x428.jpg

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #429  
The spouse has been happy that I've got projects fixed here at home instead of running to my work site. When I go there to weld up something that should take 5 minutes, instead I'm looking for gas, clamps, grinders etc, etc instead of welding. Here is something I just fixed at home. (Not welded yet)
panbracket0202.jpg

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #430  
Look on Amazon. I got a Warfox plasma cutter a year or so ago for a stunning amount less than a comparable Hypertherm. I think it was $240 Cdn plus a couple of large packs of consumables and an air dryer. Well, 2 air dryers. The first one disappeared in transit. LOL Got everything for well under $500 after taxes and shipping.

Anyway, it works just fine for a farm. Just keep the 110-220v adapter away from idiots. It plugs into 220 but outputs 220 to the 110v format plug that comes out the back of the cutter. It "adapts" but doesn't convert. The cutter is designed to work on either from the same plug. Cost me a 140 amp Lincoln wire feed welder when some idjit thought it would be a good idea to plug it into the "adapter". I think he thought it would be a good way to not blow the 15a 110v shop breaker.

I remember when my dad had a 240V adaptor he made to use 120 volt HD extension cords.

He forgot to disconnect it from the 240 source and plugged in a 7 inch hand held grinder. When he hit the power button it spun so hard it went flying out of his hand and also killed the motor. It sure supercharged it for a second or two.

Last edited: