Oil & Fuel L2502 smokes really bad at cold start

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start
Sounds like a dealer prep issue to me. When I received mine, there was a big checklist that the guy who delivered the tractor showed me. They checked everything to be sure of functionality. They even had a blue pant dot on every lug nut and loader bolt to indicate that these were tightened.
That’s called professionalism and great quality control.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #82  
Sounds like a dealer prep issue to me. When I received mine, there was a big checklist that the guy who delivered the tractor showed me. They checked everything to be sure of functionality. They even had a blue paint dot on every lug nut and loader bolt to indicate that these were tightened.
Must be a multi brand dealer.... Mine had orange dots instead.
New L2502 arrived. This one the lift arms won’t raised. Moved the control value raised the loader full height to release any air, opened the plug hoping it would clear an air lock. No go. Called the dealer. Got me to check a few things. Now they are sending over the truck with the other new tractor I had and a machanic.

Is kubota quality control gone down that bad. Two new tractors both with problems.
Your spelling still sucks and I'd say this dealer is being way over the top with with you trying to be accommodating. What plug? There is no plug to loosen.

Want some cheese with your whine? I'll send you some if you want.... :rolleyes:

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #83  
On one hand I understand tractors have more in common with a hammer than an automobile, but what is this absolute willingness to be bent over with quality control or PDI issues that should have been picked up on? If I'm a dealer that has picked up a return and is dropping off a replacement you can bet your ass I'll be going over the new machine top to bottom before I deliver it.

But hey, I guess that's why I don't run a business, I'm a schmuck.

Must be a multi brand dealer.... Mine had orange dots instead.

Your spelling still sucks and I'd say this dealer is being way over the top with with you trying to be accommodating. What plug? There is no plug to loosen.

Want some cheese with your whine? I'll send you some if you want....

Still typing on a phone. The plug I refer to is the filler plug for the hydro fluid.

The dealer is a kubota dealer. Yes he is working hard to accomdate me but here is the scoop.

Kubota has built a reputation of highest of quality control yet I have two new tractors that needs repair.

As for service they surely putting forth a huge effort and I thank them for that but two new tractors, one delivered with to much udt and one not enought and one of the tractors was delivered to me bellowing smoke. One delivered that the arms won’t raise.

I am surely going through a disappointment and a $45,000 head scratching and an eye brow raising experience. This was not the experience I was seeking.

What the hell is happening to kubota and why can’t my dealer deliver a tractor ready to go. I am buying one off the most expensive brand for peace of mind and they are not delivering.

Not asking for anything special and I’m not sure why the hell you are pointing fingers at me.

Do you work for kubota. You complain about my spelling… well I could spell out a few words to you loud and clear.

I’m sure how cool you would be about this.

Last edited:
So back to the point. Is there anybody else having trouble with the L2502. Does it smoke for 30 second or 3 minutes during cold starts? 30 seconds is normal 3 to 5 minutes of sputtering and bellow smoke is not. On the new tractor they sent they fixed the smoke before they delivered. They fix the smoking cold start so it is a problem with a 4 hour fix. so is anyone else have cold start smoking problems or was this just bad luck?.

Anybody else have trouble with the lift arms not raising? He thinks it might be a faulty control valve. Knob under seat.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #87  
Still typing on a phone. The plug I refer to is the filler plug for the hydro fluid.

The dealer is a kubota dealer. Yes he is working hard to accomdate me but here is the scope

Kubota has built a reputation of highest of quality control yet I have two new tractors that needs repair.

As for service they surely putting forth a huge effort and I thank them for that but two new tractors, one delivered with to much udt and one not enought and one of the tractors was delivered to me bellowing smoke.

I am surely going through a disappointment and a $45,000 head scratching and an eye brow raising experience. This was not the experience I was seeking.

What the hell is happening to kubota and why can’t my dealer deliver a tractor ready to go. I am buying one off the most expensive brand for peace of mind and they are not delivering.

Not asking for anything special and I’m not sure why the hell you are pointing fingers at me.

Do you work for kubota. You complain about my spelling… well I could spell out a few words to you loud and clear.

I’m sure you won’t be to cool about this.
I believe the dealer installs the fluids. That’s not a Kubota issue. And they shouldn’t be delivering any machine that they haven’t checked out for full functionality. Sounds like at least 2 of your three issues are the fault of your dealer, not Kubota.

I believe the dealer installs the fluids. That’s not a Kubota issue. And they shouldn’t be delivering any machine that they haven’t checked out for full functionality. Sounds like at least 2 of your three issues are the fault of your dealer, not Kubota.

According to the dealer the tractors come with hydro in it and they are suppose to top it up. So a bit of both.

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #89  
What a nightmare

/ L2502 smokes really bad at cold start #90  
No, they don't in all cases. Some are shipped dry some aren't. Yes I work for Kubota but at a dealer, part time delivering new tractors. Land Pride powered implements are all shipped dry however. On wet shipped units it's the dealers responsibility to check the fluid levels and top off as necessary.... and I stand my ground on my comment to you 100%. I do have a question and that is, have you ever bothered to read your owners manual? Sure sound to me like you never did. Said before, when I or another driver deliver a new or even used unit, we go over everything with the new owner and have them sign off that we did that. Maybe that is why the dealer I work for has been in business since Kubota started importing tractors into this country and he has an extensive collection of old and older Kubota's in his barn I'd be loving to get. He also sells and services CNH farm equipment.
Always very busy too. Nice guy, no pressure either and he sells a boatload of tractors and implements and I own a few myself. Gonna buy a new Kubota center point disc bine this summer and trade in my NH center point.... Yes I get it at dealer cost...lol Even if I did not, I'd still buy it. I've owned well over 10 Kubota tractors over my adult lifetime and I can say without prejudice that other than one defective fuel tank that was dripping from the bottom bung from a bad weld, I've never had ONE equipment failure and they (my dealer) got me a new tank and I replaced it myself and gave him the leaking one back for credit. Both my 2002 and 2000 Kubota M9's run flawlessly but I take good care of them and I read not only the owners manuals but I also have the shop manuals at my disposal at the dealer.

The 2002 has 6500 hours on it and the 2000 has 4500 hours on it btw. All running hay and doing loader work around the farm and I full expect both of them to outlast me. Finally, I work them hard all the time. They are tractors, not toys.