TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,821  
5030, you revealed your lack of knowledgeable about Dillon dies with your first post so your opinions on Dillon pistol dies are suspect. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but it is wrong.

Loading rifle ammunition is not the same as loading pistol ammunition. Pistol shooters shoot a lot more. We need both decent accuracy and productivity. Trying to impress us with your handcrafting of rifle ammunition is deflection and not germane. BTW, I load rifle ammunition as well. I know that weighing powder to 1/4 gr is useless in getting a good load...just more BS to impress the ignorant.

My conclusions wrt to pistol reloading are based on shooting up to 20k pistol rounds a year, testing with a Ransom Rest, and a fair amount of competitive shooting. I have owned a Star, RCBS Green Machine, two Dillon SD's, two Dillon 550's, a Dillon 650, two Dillon 1050's and a Lee Six Pack. Old age has me down to one 550, one 1050 and the Lee for pistol ammunition, but this isn't my first rodeo.
It's not that I dislike Dillions, I think they are overpriced and inherently inaccurate. Maybe fine with straightwall case, but then maybe not as I don't own one and never will. Not a fanboy of any press or system in reality. I'm a fanboy of repeatable accuracy in handloading and downrange trajectory and why I ascribe to the Berger loading regimen and always will. Every bottleneck case I reload gets a Berger pill, no exceptions and evert straight wall gets a Sierra, not that I load that many because I don't shoot just to shoot other than my Volquartsen modified 22 Rugers and that is in informal 50 foot indoor league.

Certainly not my first rodeo either. I've spent years perfecting what I do and load but when some person comes on here and tells me to explain something that he can explain to himself by purchasing a Berger Handbook of reloading, I draw the line with it.

What people do and what I do is what it is and my opinion of reloading presses and reloading equipment have come about over decades and I'll stick to what I know and what works for me and has worked in an excellent manner. What is really telling is that 3 other hunters only shoot my reloads which is really a big no in the world of firearms, but they put their trust in what I build and it works for them.

I'll leave it at that.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,822  
That giant "whooshing sound" you heard earlier, was you completely missing the point. Again. Man your forehead must have so many tire tracks on it...

The part you had to explain, was when you used the phrase (and I quote): " ...because I'm always jumping the pills in the case... "

Pills are something you take, either with or without a doctor's prescription. Referring to BULLETS as "pills" is not only infantile, it points to a lack of serious discipline in the "arts" of precision handloading. I don't know anyone who was ever even remotely serious about handloading or competing with firearms at any level, in any discipline, that referred to BULLETS as "pills".

With that, I am done with you (again). I sure miss the days when you had me on ignore. I still have the T-shirt I got the day you announced you were putting me on ignore "forever". Lets relive those days again...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,823  
Boolots by any other name, but I often call 'em pills. Oops.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,824  
SS, I have issues with 5030 on these last few posts but he has good posts on many other topics.

I agree with you that anyone who calls a bullet a pill or head loses credibility very quickly. No mature and experienced reloader I have every known used those terms and frankly I am surprised 5030 does. He seems smarter than that.

I am on a cast bullet forum and the call cast bullets "boolits". It makes me cringe and I have never typed the work boolits. They seem to use it as a badge of honor and I think it makes them look ignorant. But it is what it is.

My other pet peeves are magazines being called clips, and cartridges being called bullets.

I am old and set in my ways.

Will be going home soon enough and hope there is a nice range up there with some neat toys to play with between singing hymns of praise. But I will look like a fool if they call bullets pills up there...LOL

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,825  
I donr use the term boolits, and don't normally use pills; and frankly prefer projectile, but we all 100% know what someone means when they say they shoot 168gr pills in their 308, or boolits, bullets, projectiles, or freedom seeds. Whole thing reminds me of silencer vs suppressor vs moderator vs whisper pickle or can, or whatever. It doesn't matter if you shoot pills through your whisper pickle or bullets through your can, or freedom seeds from your gat, that has a suppressor.

Few dozen pages up; I referred to IMR4895 as Grape Jelly...

Like guys that get offended by calling a revolver a pistol...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,826  
Guys please, pills, bullets, clips, mags...who cares? The western world is heading down the crapper, and we're arguing semantics, I mean come on. Get fit, get trained, get armed...hard times a-comin'.

Example:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,827  
Guys please, pills, bullets, clips, mags...who cares? The western world is heading down the crapper, and we're arguing semantics, I mean come on. Get fit, get trained, get armed...hard times a-comin'.

Example:

I will resist the dumbing down of society. You have every right to say ignorant things. I have the right to correct you.

Part of the reason the world is going down the crapper is the reluctance of people to call stupid **** stupid.

Now go take a pill and chill.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,829  
Just came back from the CCW interview. A friendly process after jumping thru all the state hoops of class and qualifying. Sounds like they are issuing 1300 permits a month right now. I told you there are red pockets in a blue state. Permits are issued county to county, not by state. I got a green light (y)
The only issue is you're only allowed 10 round clips ;)