Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,361  
Yup, pay to play.

Even the Transamerica building in San Francisco is trademarked, so all video/film has to pay to show it.

All the best,

Peter

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,362  
James Bond wore Omega brand watches. If you watched closely, you'd see the brand name when he was using one of the special spy functions of his watch.

The producers approached Rolex, but they weren't interested. I suspect Rolex considered their brand to be too sophisticated for that stuff.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,363  
James Bond wore Omega brand watches. If you watched closely, you'd see the brand name when he was using one of the special spy functions of his watch.

The producers approached Rolex, but they weren't interested. I suspect Rolex considered their brand to be too sophisticated for that stuff.

Apparently, 007 began wearing Rolex watches - if the article below is accurate.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,364  
Apparently, 007 began wearing Rolex watches - if the article below is accurate.

Fair enough. I was going from memory, and I guess my memory wasn't so good. According to this article, Omegas were featured in his later films.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,365  
Ford logo on the stadium cup holders.
Ford didn't sponsor that event.
Event covered over Ford logo so Ford wouldn't get free advertising.
But Ford paid for the cup holders.

Ford didn't get free advertising, what Ford paid for was taken from them.

Were all the outfield signs similarly censored?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,366  
It’s the same when sometimes you see a car on film and the badging is removed.
or is blurred out. We see that often with tee shirts, hats, etc... on TV shows
Or conversely, when the camera lingers on a logo a tad longer than is necessary you can be pretty sure it's paid product placement. Apple & toyota and to an extent Pepsi are rather blatant about this. Sometimes there'll be a disclaimer in the closing credits, but not always.
Actually, the blurred out logos seem more prevalent in "reality" type shows than on scripted ones.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,367  
I have a friends, who has a brother, that is in charge of product placement in movies. I don't know who he works for, but my buddy says if you see the name on the product, his brother was probably in charge of it.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,368  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,369  
Or conversely, when the camera lingers on a logo a tad longer than is necessary you can be pretty sure it's paid product placement. Apple & toyota and to an extent Pepsi are rather blatant about this. Sometimes there'll be a disclaimer in the closing credits, but not always.
Actually, the blurred out logos seem more prevalent in "reality" type shows than on scripted ones.
You know it's interesting in some respects what is "allowed" and what isn't. You and I out in a public setting have been afforded no protection or expectation of privacy you can be photoed and published without your consent. Even to the extent that on your own property if you can be seen you have no protection for privacy. Yet these businesses can protect and charge for images that are readily available in public view. Some thing is assbackwards in that vein of thinking.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,370  
1713013588492.png