Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,781  
I never saw a snowflake herding sheep
So a job that was basically a way and a place to employ and hide illegals become protected. So now that person can no longer have that job or that job can no longer be done reasonably and it's gone. Good job Govt.
The largest local would bring in under contract Peruvian sheep herders with proper work permits and cleared.

No problems with overstays as round trip ticket and employer on the hook.

These are self sufficient mountain people with a 6-9 month contract returning home with all their earnings to make life better…

Maybe with all the perks they might never want to return.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,782  
I’m not sure how you guys work in the US, but here in Oz if you got issued the “privilege” of grazing any of that land , you would have to jump through all the hoops of the woke bureaucracy who all resent the fact that you are ‘profiting’.

Then the First Nations ‘culture’

As you say, some of that country is rough. It would be a cost centre rather than a profit centre. Hard enough making money out of food production even when you have an ideal cost base.

Half the reason that country is still ‘wild’ is that it wasn’t good for production.
Words of wisdom from the opposite side of the planet!!! 👍

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,783  
Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,784  
I never saw a snowflake herding sheep
So a job that was basically a way and a place to employ and hide illegals become protected. So now that person can no longer have that job or that job can no longer be done reasonably and it's gone. Good job Govt.
It appears to me that California is often it's own worst enemy.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,785  
Something to add to this debate. Again I’m not in USA but in Oz if we don’t have immigration then the work does not get done.

It’s not that immigrants are ‘taking’ jobs. It’s just that they WILL do the work.

The citizenry has become too picky to do the dirty work. Then we resent the immigrants who will but the reality is we need them.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,786  
Something to add to this debate. Again I’m not in USA but in Oz if we don’t have immigration then the work does not get done.

It’s not that immigrants are ‘taking’ jobs. It’s just that they WILL do the work.

The citizenry has become too picky to do the dirty work. Then we resent the immigrants who will but the reality is we need them.
It's the same here. If not for migrants there would be no farming industry, among other things.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,789  
It's the same here. If not for migrants there would be no farming industry, among other things.
All those "migrants" living in hotels and shelters are going to become farm workers?

Don't confuse the hard working and mostly honest farm workers with most coming in now. If we need people it can be done LEGALLY, just look a boom in foreign IT and medical staff. The vast majority can legally using the programs authorized by the US Gov.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,790  
JMHO here. I think the "politicos" will have the same or similar problems converting the establishment to EV technology as they will have forcing us to give up our guns. Things like this can not be changed over night.