Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,191  
Good morning! No frost, Yea! 38˚F NNW wind, partly cloudy heading to the upper 60's. No freeze forecast for the next 10 days and our best chance of rain for the newly fertilized yard will be Thursday, Sure hope we get more than the .02" we had last week or will have to start watering.

The cold wind put a damper on outdoor activities yesterday but I did manage to get the truck and car washed on the not too cold SW side of the house.

All clocks got push forward an hour yesterday except the car, it will be adjusted later.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,192  
Frits, my friends in Lancaster sent me home with some hellebores. They live near a stream and have a gorgeous back yard full of flowers.
I have two outside my front door which I protected during the coldest nights but was told they were hardy. They are blooming now well before my daffodils are out, fun how each of us has a different time when flowers pop up.
Thomas is dealing with a big heavy snow storm and we are greeting the beginning of Spring.
And Don is way ahead of us.

I'll be planting my radishes and lettuce tomorrow. This week will be warmer, good way to start; first I need to cut the holes in the landscape fabric.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,194  
38 high in 40s very windy wind chill in low 30s no rain in forecast. Slept well last night

Scaredy congrats on grand baby, prayers for your health. Prayers for your family m7040

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #187,195  
42 outside this AM, heading to mid 50's.

It needs to dry up. LOL.

Did not do anything productive yesterday. Started a fire and lounged about all day with the wife. Really need to get motivated. Oh, I did manage to get into the Milk House pour some self leveling crap, after moving furniture out of the way. I really need to speak with the project manager about when things should show up so I don't have to move them four times. LOL. We did agree on the tile pattern for the floor. Looks like diagonal. More work for the weary on that layout.

SC, congrats.

Hope all have a good start to the week.

Be safe.

Did I say it needs to dry up? Looks like drain tile is in works for summer time. Too much water not moving quickly enough on the property.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,196  
Fixed that for you 😂
does New Hampshire have consistently excellent public education?
That's a big driver for taxes. The money is going somewhere, education is a great place to start.
and roads, and bridges, and...

I got into an argument with a township supervisor in NC about why they needed to raise their taxes.
I paid 1780 bucks all in for all taxes on my farm. And it was one of the nicer places in town.
But a close friend there was an elementary school teacher and she said the schools were not good, plus they were rated
2 out of 10, bottom of the barrel.

township supervisor said he wouldn't keep his job if he suggested raising taxes.
that sort of sums up the intelligence involved.
also why that area is a wonderful place to retire, like I did. Everything is so much less expensive than here in PA.
nice homes are half the cost.

unless you are willing to pay for private school, if you live in an area with low taxes,
I think it's safe to say the schools won't be very good. And that effects the overall quality of life for all the locals

so maybe that high tax rate is a badge of honor.
if you pay high taxes and don't get the benefits, I think I'd move.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,197  
Good Morning
It’s 45°, which looks like the high for the day. Slight chance of thunderstorms this afternoon and windy. Otherwise dry, which is a good thing, we got over 1-1/2” of rain yesterday.

Yesterday was a good day to stay inside and find things to do in the shop. I continued cleaning up, organizing and avoiding anything outside.
I repaired the cast iron pulley that I broke when I dropped a spindle. I figured that I could save it as a spare rather than throw it out. I used a high silver brazing rod (Harris Safety Silv 56).

Before-
IMG_3906.jpg

And after-
IMG_3933.jpg

We had a nice dinner with the family last night, we watched a movie afterwards on TV.

Not sure what today will bring, I’m pretty sure that I have a lifetime of entertainment to get to over in the shop though.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,198  
does New Hampshire have consistently excellent public education? Not really, average at best IMHO.
That's a big driver for taxes. Yes 81% of our RE tax goes towards the schools. The money is going somewhere, education is a great place to start. Don’t get me wrong l’m a firm believer in education, although not necessarily the current “wokeness” going on today.
and roads, and bridges, and...

I got into an argument with a township supervisor in NC about why they needed to raise their taxes.
I paid 1780 bucks all in for all taxes on my farm. And it was one of the nicer places in town.
But a close friend there was an elementary school teacher and she said the schools were not good, plus they were rated
2 out of 10, bottom of the barrel.

township supervisor said he wouldn't keep his job if he suggested raising taxes.
that sort of sums up the intelligence involved.
also why that area is a wonderful place to retire, like I did. Everything is so much less expensive than here in PA.
nice homes are half the cost. Housing in NH is in serious short supply and certainly not affordable for most “average “ folks.

unless you are willing to pay for private school, if you live in an area with low taxes,
I think it's safe to say the schools won't be very good. And that effects the overall quality of life for all the locals

so maybe that high tax rate is a badge of honor. Not if the school districts are poorly run.
if you pay high taxes and don't get the benefits, I think I'd move. We have been seriously considering that option 👍

/ Good morning!!!! #187,200  
New Hampshire has very high property tax rate. :eek:
What do you consider a high property tax rate?
For example in my area a home of just under $300,000 will have a property tax bill of roughly $2000 to $2500, but then throw the school tax bill (for schools which have shown a considerable decline in quality in the last 30 years with much increased funding) of $4000 +- for around $6000 in taxes each year.