Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,911  
….So you really wanted a RAV4, but went with a Tesla because it’s cheaper?
Pricing I see shows the Tesla over $48k, and the RAV4 prime AWD at $44k
Had more options than the $44k stripper, which no dealer stocks.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,912  
So, I drove my 2023 Model Y LR new off the lot for $49k in December 2023 and if I manage to put 18,000 miles on it it is still worth $37k even factoring for the probable $7500 Federal Tax Credit I might receive but the buyer of a used car does not?

Looks to be holding it's value pretty good! No?

It lost $12k in value in a year? I'd vote no? 25% of it's value? Unless I'm missing something. My last car purchase was only $20k... Your depreciation paid for half of my CRV.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,914  
In spite of hydrogen being a Government Darling for over 50 years, nothing has come of it. The physics and stars simply do not align no matter how much wishful thinking.

Requires a lot of energy to compress so as to be small and energy dense to be manageable.

Requires a lot of energy to split hydrogen from oxygen, more energy than one gets from putting the two together again. This can not be overcome, one can not get more energy out than one puts in.

The only economical source of hydrogen today is natural gas, and supposedly natural gas is one of the "problems" hydrogen is supposed to solve.
Yes, its only an option if you have too much electricity that can't be used in a better way than making hydrogen, the Japanese government has hydrogen as a top priority, and Toyota seems to go all in, and drags the rest of the country's manufacturer with them. Japanese culture is very strange and not always productive and free thinking.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,915  
You won't find any. Dealers don't order the base model when they can sell all the loaded models they can get.
A quick look at Autotrader disagrees. I could go buy dozens today for under $40k new. Even the RAV4 Limited is $43k. The LE is listing for $30k-$34k. So I don't know where you get your assertion they don't exist.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,916  
Today 14 YOs are glued to their "smart" phone getting dumbed down. Some identifying as cats, and way too many wonder what sex they are. They live life though YouTube crap and are brainwashed by MSM and "schools". EV'ers of the future that will save the planet...LOL
"Darwin. Is not just a good idea, it is the law."

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,917  
Yesterday on news reported EV tire wear (heavier vehicle) rubber puts out more pollution than a new ICE exhaust.
We all know The News is Indisputably Accurate And True!

My bad old 4900 pound Model S went 43,000 miles on the original tires. Would have gone 45,000 but for a puncture in one, so I decided to replace. This is what my tires looked like when I replaced. And Believe It Or Not, that screw didn't penetrate the air space. I was all set up to plug but when I took the screw out air did not follow.

My Model Y weighs 500 or 600 pounds less than the S and wears the next size larger tires. I'm not worried about accelerated tire wear.

49520C38-7DBD-47B1-95D2-02B62B5759A0_1_105_c.jpeg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,919  
So, I drove my 2023 Model Y LR new off the lot for $49k in December 2023 and if I manage to put 18,000 miles on it it is still worth $37k even factoring for the probable $7500 Federal Tax Credit I might receive but the buyer of a used car does not?

Looks to be holding it's value pretty good! No?
So you did get the state and federal tax "credit"?
Why not thank me as well as other taxpayers
who either didn't qualify or didn't buy EV?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,920  
There are a lot of very cheap, very lightly used hydrogen cars in CA for sale. Sadly you can really only fuel them in two cities in America 😂
You got to be a “special” kind of commuter, to opt for a hydrogen car