Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,871  
I am hoping if Ford does build the F200 that it is a heavy half. That would be perfect for my next truck.
I might consider the same... if it's offered as a truck rather than a pimpmobile, and for a reasonable price.

I doubt it on both points.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,872  
I have pretty much ignored this post, as i see way more of this kind of stuff on a daily basis, more than my camera memory card can hold!
I was thinking about a 25 foot flatbed deck over trailer I purchased from a guy many years ago, a tennant to a house I had. He was supposed to deliver the trailer to my house when he got his truck fixed. , about 30 miles away. He came up to my work one evening and asked me if I could "build him something". Not knowing what he had in mind, being at work, and not wanting to tie up too much time, I walked over to the shop and got permission to use a scrap piece of 1/2" x 4" flatbar for this project of his. He wanted a "Z" made, with a 1" hole in each end, which didn't take all that long to do. It needed to be 15" high so I grabbed a 20" piece of flatbar and made it, sent them on their way and went back to work.
He came back to my work about 3 hours later saying he had delivered the trailer and needed the money. I called the Wife, and yes, they had delivered it, so I paid him. That night when I got home, I went out and looked it over, and realized what they had done. Hanging from the coupler was the "Z" that I had built. They had removed the ball from his girlfriend's car bumper and bolted this thing down, added a ball at the top and pulled this huge trailer all the way to my house, most of which was 2 lane roads. When asked, he said the reason for the "Z" was because the car springs sagged so much under the tongue weight, that the landing gear was dragging, even when rolled all the way up. They couldn't get the landing gear off, so they had to do something!
I kept that "Z" piece of metal around for years as a reminder to always ask the purpose of any favors people needed!
By the way, the car they pulled it with was a 1977 Chevy Chevette!
David from jax

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,873  
Whatever.

But I doubt it.
sound like we should race 😜 is it a competition because I also never get pass … i try to no be a idiot by any means so keeps my drifts on the control side of things, stay on my side and stay on the road… I love dirt roads and icy or snow covers conditions because I don’t have to watch my speed I just drive, focus and push the limit of traction of my vehicle wheels. and also I always have premium tires… if one think he drive fast ask what tires he has and you will know how really fast he can potentially if he can actually drive.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,874  
They made a heavy half in the 90s but then in the 2000s they made a 1500hd. The 1500hd had 8 lug axels, 4 wheel disk brakes, 4l80 trans and 6.0 motor all of which the 2500 had and the regular 1500 didn’t. It was by all accounts a 2500 except for the door badge.
My understanding is that they built it as a crew cab 2500 but when they realized the payload wouldn't be enough to be considered competitive in the 3/4 ton class they re-branded at as 1500HD. If I am recalling correctly, they only had a 2500 extended cab in that year (those years?). The crew cab ate into the payload enough to cause issues.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,875  
sound like we should race 😜 is it a competition because I also never get pass … i try to no be a idiot by any means so keeps my drifts on the control side of things, stay on my side and stay on the road… I love dirt roads and icy or snow covers conditions because I don’t have to watch my speed I just drive, focus and push the limit of traction of my vehicle wheels. and also I always have premium tires… if one think he drive fast ask what tires he has and you will know how really fast he can potentially if he can actually drive.
Let me put it another way. If you start tearing up and down the roads I work on, you will get kicked off.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,876  
Let me put it another way. If you start tearing up and down the roads I work on, you will get kicked off.
I would like to see that road... but maybe I don't lol.... important note from my initial message, ''to no be a idiot '' and ''push the limit of traction'' that means drive within my, the road and vehicle/wheels limits.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,877  
I would like to see that road... but maybe I don't lol.... important note from my initial message, ''to no be a idiot '' and ''push the limit of traction'' that means drive within my, the road and vehicle/wheels limits.
They are private.
You are a guest there.