TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,512  
My neighbor is a firearms instructor for police. He told me they were all going to infrared sights. All personnel are be being retrained.
Personally I'm not a fan. Like somebody said - not as applicable for personal defense shootings. And less bulk.
Optics definitely seem like they're not just a fad...it's kinda wild, never thought it would be a regular thing on a carry pistol.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,513  
Yeh that, plus doesn't lint and stuff fall inside there? Although Holosun does have that EPS Carry one, which is fully enclosed.
It can catch anything snow/rain probably being the worst but not as big of a deal if you’re carrying concealed. Dirt and lint needs to be cleaned regularly and you can clean just the lens and think you’re good either, if it’s a projection you need to clean and maintain the projection window as well which is a pain. They are faster, more accurate, and better in low light but there are many risk factors that just makes it not suitable for life and death me.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,514  
I have two pistols set up with quality optics and have no problem carrying them. I have had no fogging or other issues. The are set to co-witness the sights so that helps if there is a problem.
In the civilian world you really are not real likely to be shooting at 25 yards in a self defense situation, so they really are not necessary but they are quick. Several departments are issuing them and I have not heard of many issues or complaints.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,515  
I have two pistols set up with quality optics and have no problem carrying them. I have had no fogging or other issues. The are set to co-witness the sights so that helps if there is a problem.
In the civilian world you really are not real likely to be shooting at 25 yards in a self defense situation, so they really are not necessary but they are quick. Several departments are issuing them and I have not heard of many issues or complaints.
Here you go. Dot was still center of the window but I couldn’t hit anything even at 7 yds. Not sure how it stayed there, lucky because if it would have disappeared I’d never know what the issue was. Not sure what brands you consider quality, I consider Trijicon top of the line.
IMG_8137.jpeg
IMG_8136.jpeg
IMG_8138.jpeg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,516  
Yeh that's what I'm thinking, they're fun, but kind of a moot point for a concealed carry pistol.

For the range or a competition pistol though, sweet. I got a Beretta 92FS compact, awesome range toy, would love to mount a dot on it! Alas, not too easy to do on that one.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,517  
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,520  
Not to steer to (CF) rifles, but I'm thrilled with my .25-45 SRC upper (~= .250 Sav) but expect to reload more for it than to keep shooting factories. 6.5 Grendel is another I may want to regulate & perhaps the .30 AR as well. btw All have rifle-length gas porting, 18" or 20" barrels, and any 'might' be loaded subsonic. (Banish 30 moderator)

Anyway, short of buying another BCG with the feature I'm considering buying this thing. (or two)

btw, You never stand so tall as when you stoop to stomp a varmint, and there's more to life than just trapping. Cheers, guys.