The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #1,321  
Not dead, but a last chance for Yes fans to see Rick Wakeman's one-man show:

Always appreciated Wakeman's contribution, both musically and his ever-inappropriate speeches. Here's a clip from their R&R Hall of Fame induction, for anyone who missed it, but warnings it's not all family-friendly:

/ The day the music died. #1,322  
Not dead, but a last chance for Yes fans to see Rick Wakeman's one-man show:

Always appreciated Wakeman's contribution, both musically and his ever-inappropriate speeches. Here's a clip from their R&R Hall of Fame induction, for anyone who missed it, but warnings it's not all family-friendly:

I spilled Yes's drinks on them and ate their BBQ back in the 80s.

/ The day the music died. #1,325  
OK. So Yes flies into town to do a concert. They arrive in a Gulfstream G1, a larger twin engine turboprop. I guide the airplane onto the ramp and swing him around to park. When he stops, I signal the pilot to stop, then signal him to set the brakes. He gives me the thumbs up, and shuts down both engines.

Then the plane starts to roll backwards, gaining speed. 🫣

He didn't set the brakes apparently. So I run over to a pile of large wheel chocks, run back to catch the plane, and throw a chock behind the left rear tire.

The plane does exactly this...

IMG_3408.jpeg

Then it sits back down on its nose wheel. After a couple minutes, the door opens, the stairs come down, and the pilot comes out yelling at me, like it's my fault the brakes didn't hold for whatever reason. Okey-dokey.

Then a couple limos pull up, and the band starts coming down the stairs. They had a few ladies with them. Some of the band and some of the ladies had drinks spilled down their fronts. Apparently when the plane lurched back and forth, anyone with a drink spilled it. Ooops. 🙃

The band gets in the limos and takes off. The pilot tells us to clean out the plane, fuel it up, and he leaves.

We get on the plane, and there are two styrofoam coolers of BBQ ribs, chicken, and some shrimp trays. None touched. So we cleaned out the plane and ate Yes's BBQ. ;)