/ Good morning!!!! #183,991  
this floats around in the same area. ??
made an eye exam appt for tomorrow afternoon
first they said see you in six weeks.
Uh no, I'll go somewhere else.
how about tomorrow?
that works...

l
If you fixate your eye on one spot....blink a few times...the floaters should move about...they also should be of various shapes....think of a partical in a sphere filled with water...looking through the sphere at one angle...the partical may traverse that path.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,992  
Read in the Giddings News that the adjacent landowners are not too happy about the the proposed 500 acre solar farm going in next door to them. It will be interesting to see if they if they can stop it.
Whereabouts is the solar farm?

I have to apologize to Twobit and the forum for posting the chart.
Not that you should care but when making the posting the heading to the chart was not with the chart that explained the numbers were percent of each countries economy not total contributions. So the Baltic states showed up really well but their economy being small not a very large contribution.
Again sorry to all that I may have offended

First. Frankly I am bit surprised, how someone can be offended by facts. By opinions - yeah, but facts are there and facts don't care what we think about them.

Second. Facts can be shown in different light. Because of reasons we here like that "per capita" parameters :D

Third - it is US taxpayer money. I have no saying on how to spend that. Looking on that chart you might guess my opinion :D But again - it's purely American call. And I can understand those, who say that this money has to be spent at US. That should be popular opinion, people like simple answers on complex questions

Forth - Please understand, we here are really scared. Recently even Sweden's top military commanders has told very openly that Sweden should prepare for war. On its territory. Not like it's inevitable, but risks are high
Obviously lot of people have lost their cool. Including me. Not only because of this, but general situation is developing "interesting"

Fifth - I can partly agree, this thread is not the 100 % right place to discuss those matters. But we here are sharing not only our joy but also problems, issues, basically all matters what shakes us. This war is big part of my day. That's why I have brought it up. And I am not even sorry for this ;)
Having your family in the possible path of a really bad man, I understand your stress.

I think most everything said here, has been with respect. But some subjects are touchy, and as we share our lives together, subjects can get touchy.

In life, I have found that friendships that fail due to a few dollars or maybe even a fistful of dollars, were not solid friendships in the first place. Most of my friends and I offer to pay for each other's meals etc. I know that my close friends would loan me almost any amount, if I asked. But I don't ask. Having worked in sales, you quickly find out who the tightwads are. There are some people who just won't treat you to lunch.

Kyle, TV will rot your brains. If you are watching Love boat and Valley of the dolls I fear for you.:ROFLMAO:

Chris
Too late, it already has. :)

I'd be happy to help you out with that, Kyle, if'n I was closer. Never had that one before.
C'mon by before my wife decides she likes them.

Really cold here, the only reason it's not snowing is we don't have enough over riding moisture from a jet stream. Everything is covered by a thin layer of sleet/snow/ice crystals. Keeping the fireplace stoked.

Cough is still lingering, but tapering off....finally. I'm really sore in the right side of my neck and shoulder. It feels like when you hold the phone to your ear with your shoulder to have your hands available, and you get a neck crick on that side. Took some ibuprofen. Waiting for the hour to pass for relief.

mostly, hope you get over the alligatoritis soon. This weather de-motivates me too. The fireplace here is like "the song of the sirens", the attraction is strong.

Prayers for our team and this world.

Reminds me of a bumper sticker, "Visualize Whirled Peas".

/ Good morning!!!! #183,993  
Helos, while your stance is understandable, accept that as a group we prefer that aspect of our lives (politics) gets discussed elsewhere, not here. We prefer to focus on what brings us together.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,994  
KJC. Any chance of alternatives for Harry? I installed a doggie door in our bedroom that leads to a fenced area roughly 20x20. If needed, the dogs could be confined to that area, see old pic
IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_1264.JPG

They have a somewhat sheltered area along back of bedroom. Could close the doggie door to keep them confined, but don’t. What we do is Makani proof the bedroom, things like nothing laying around he likes, doors closed to the bathroom and office, their pillows locked in the crate - he’s very adept dragging them thru the doggie door.
Not a perfect solution, but tolerable. He’s getting better. This is a normal area they use every day, so not really a confinement.
Maybe you have an area you can configure to suit yours and Harrys needs.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,995  
Whereabouts is the solar farm?
Just east of Lexington city limits. 588 Acres with FM696 to the South and CR 409 to the North. It will be a $77.5 million project. The company BT Brown Solar LLC is trying to get the county officials to get the land declared as "Reinvestment Zone" so they can get a tax exemption, or reduction. The electricity produced would not be designated for the county but sold to the grid. Five individuals that live next to or near the designated solar farm are "fervently" against the project saying it would ruin the value of their property.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #184,000  
Just east of Lexington city limits. 588 Acres with FM696 to the South and CR 409 to the North. It will be a $77.5 million project. The company BT Brown Solar LLC is trying to get the county officials to get the land declared as "Reinvestment Zone" so they can get a tax exemption, or reduction. The electricity produced would not be designated for the county but sold to the grid. Five individuals that live next to or near the designated solar farm are "fervently" against the project saying it would ruin the value of their property.
Besides an eyesore, I wonder what all pitfalls of a huge solar farm exude? is it photovoltaic? Or mirrors heating vessels for steam?

There is a huge difference in operation.

Basically, as a business, they need to find the cheapest land they can get. They should NOT get tax incentives.