Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,771  
Good morning from Estonia !

This is how my (wife's) car looks like after yesterdays night drive.

IMG_6413.jpeg

Here storm is over, now it is only cold
-17 C = 1 F

The next storm (the one I have been watching for all day) has arrived.

The translations to feet and miles from the dreaded metric system is mine .
Why dreaded ?

To me only problem is temperature.
Convert miles to km, cm to inches - easy-peasy. The same goes for volumes and weights. And I can understand - you are used with another units, no hard feelings.

But temperature .... Every time I have to use converter.
In addition - Celsius makes so much sense. IMHO

/ Good morning!!!! #183,772  
Grocery shopping at Walmart can save significant money.
I don't agree. I very much shop by the weekly fliers. Been bred into me since I became aware of grocery shopping.
Their regular prices are about on par with local grocers. Some items a bit higher some a bit lower but overall a wash.
When I find items on sale I buy enough to last a while so I don't tend to run out between sales.
Shopping like this I rarely find anything at Wally World that I didn't find at a better price somewhere else.
Friends call my place the warehouse. Canned, bottled or frozen I usually have 6 months inventory which I do rotate.
When the Covid stupidity hit I had at least a years worth of paper products all bought on sale. I didn't have to go into panic mode.
What I really don't like in Wally World is the produce. It always looks beat.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,773  
Morning all!
1st cup of coffee finished and about to head for another.
36 here with rain dropping from the sky in buckets! Sure glad it stayed warm over night or we would be buried in snow.
Looks like after this storm we will be heading into the deep freeze around here. At least no storms listed into the 10 day forecast. Pellet stove will be roaring along!
Keeping busy in the shop to pass the time. Latest project is with a species called Leopard wood. I cut a two inch piece in half and made to 6 inch diameter dishes from it.
Not much planned for next week as it will be to cold for outside activities. Will fire up the heat in the shop and play. Might rearrange a few more machines to improve work flow. Contacted 3 mills to see about purchasing supplies and haven't heard back from any! Don't know how they stay in business!
That's all for now.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!
Leopardwooddish.jpg

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #183,774  
I have both Costco and Sams Club membership. Regular for Costco and plus for Sams Club. Sams Club is my go to store. Like free shipping for goods when I do not want to go to store. When at store I use Scan and Go. No register needed to check out. They offer more products in smaller sizes. Also have early shopping for Plus members.8 am to 10 am 6 days a week. Biggest reason is my local store is closer to me than the 2 closest Costco stores by 5 miles. Costco gives you rewards at one time in February. Sams give you the rewards monthly. I did buy my hearing aids at Costco. Very happy with them.
When going to Costco make sure you have you medical insurance up to date. Good chance you will get run over by a shopping Cart. 🤨🙄🤠

/ Good morning!!!! #183,775  
40° now highs in the low 50’s windy again, highest gust 39 mph last night. Heavy rain since midnight should be over by early afternoon. This has sure been a strange winter so far this season.

Dump run this morning, then just take it as it comes. To darn squishy in the yard to accomplish anything outside.

Enjoy your day everyone
Stay safe and healthy (or get healthy)

/ Good morning!!!! #183,776  
Yet here you are still fighting them, just mostly using our money to do it. We fought the British Crown and won. Then we became allies. Stop expecting the US to fight Russia for you if you havent made any headway on your own for over 200 years.

Well, I really dont know why US govt likes to look so, but yeah, from general public's pov it looks like endless charity.
But is you really think that US govt is like St Nicholas, flying in red sledge and throwing presents to peasants.... how to bring it polite... let's say - it's just not like this.

Now charity even is not on table. Our army have got Black Hawks, ordered HIMARS, Patriot. And we are paying full.

Many moons back US army have donated to our army Chevrolet trucks. Ambulances, delivery pick-ups. Yeah, we got them free. And that was a great move, we are really thankful.
No problem they was 20 years old. All army vehicles normally are in good shape, doesnt matter how old they are
Now they are in army museum:
48104441302_f32d9a5efe_b.jpg

I have seen report of that transition (there was some emergency medicine vehicles too). US govt bookkeeping has written off like millions worth vehicles. In their statements they consider not value of THAT vehicle but value of substitute. They logic is - ok, we donated one old Blazer and now we have to replace it. With new Humvee. So according bookkeeping that "Blazer's charity" "cost" to American taxpayer "1.000.000 $". But in fact that's just publicity stunt.

We have that saying - do not check teethes of horse you got for free. We really don't. But I really don't get why your govt likes to inflate those figures

Anyway, make no mistake - your govt doesnt spend US taxpayer money for nothing. They always get something in return. Sometimes not directly, sometimes not very transparent (I am trying to be super-diplomatic here), but they are not throwing your money from flying sledge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for off-topic, just got a feeling that it has to be said

/ Good morning!!!! #183,778  
good morning all
warm morning, 56 out now, high of the day, .89 rain last night
hoping rain will end; school board event this morning involves tour of new construction,
going to be a bit muddy.

1700 bucks later root canal done late yesterday, guy did a great job, but said iffy it would last.
penicillin seems to upset my stomach a little but sure works. Mouth feels almost normal again.
Have to go back in three weeks for finish. He used a laser tool of some sort on me, something new.
As endodontist said, have to keep up with latest toys. If the laser prevents reinfection, all good by me.

have a bit of the winter blues, can't get excited about much.
But seed catalogs coming in, makes me wish I still had a greenhouse and a big veggie garden.
Maybe after I stop traveling in rv, that will be next.

Helo, thanks for explanation. As you might imagine, not all of us think the same way...nor do we wish to discuss
topics here that get folks upset. Particularly our international friends.
you'd better get to work washing your Tesla!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,779  
31F snow slowly turning to rain,low 40's for high winds are howling. :oops:

Outside chores done E muffin time. :)
Plans for today...4 hours at part store,afternoon once the storm breaks clean roofs walks path,might let snow firm up over night for better plowing tomorrow.

Enjoy your day all be stay safe and warm.