Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,761  
All this talk of Costco....never been in one.. I always thought it was bulk purchases aficionados. Never h a d the need for that. Am I missing something?

...and I go to Walmart for cat food.. that's the only place that stocks the food the cats like... other than that....I cannot say what else I purchase.

Groceries are between two local businesses....a Harris Teeter and a Giant..probably local/tegional..regional.

Are you all bulk purchasing or are the deals at Costco and Walmart that different?
Grocery shopping at Walmart can save significant money.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,762  
The next storm (the one I have been watching for all day) has arrived.

6:28 PM EST Friday 12 January 2024
Another winter storm expected tonight into Saturday.Hazards:Heavy snow. Total snowfall accumulations of 15 to 30 cm (6 to 12") possible. Peak snowfall rates of 3 to 5 cm (1 to 1.96") per hour. Strong wind gusts resulting in significantly reduced visibility in blowing snow. Timing:This evening to Saturday afternoon. Discussion:Snow is forecast to begin this evening and will quickly become heavy at times tonight, before transitioning to periods of light snow Saturday morning. Strong easterly winds gusting up to 70 km/h (42 mph) will combine with this heavy snow to cause significantly reduced visibility at times. In the wake of this system, much colder Arctic air will become established across the region. A multi-day lake effect snow event is expected for locations east of the Great Lakes bringing additional snowfall accumulations to some communities. Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow. Visibility will be suddenly reduced to near zero at times in heavy snow and blowing snow. Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve. Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada.
I got all my supplies in already big bro. I ain't going nowhere.
The translations to feet and miles from the dreaded metric system is mine .
I guess I am plowing on Saturday late, maybe.

I love it! Just took the dog out for his final pee, and big fluffy flakes were coming down rapidly. Looks very nice. Looking forward to using the tractor’s snowblower tomorrow. Hopefully we get as much as a foot.

(For those of you, that don’t know, I’m just a little bit south of L4N.)

/ Good morning!!!! #183,763  
Good evening all. 24ºF for the start, mostly clear, windy. windy, decreasing in afternoon, sky stayed mostly clear, and high temp was 41ºF. Started fire in insert, made coffee, and waited for installer to show. TV went down about 9:30, installer showed shortly after that. Some teething issues with new system, but mostly smooth transition. Was going to ride after lunch, but outside temps still below 40ºF so no go. Did get kindle out wheelbarrow and on the woodpile, then filed it and wood wagon for cold spell. Need to empty the ash can, will be making some ash next few days. 80+ hours below freezing is the forecast, starting Saturday night. DID not get copying or Trek set up for riding as stationary bike. Need to get tested for Covid.
Monday Morning 4:47 AM CST posts:
Bill have fun storm watching
Kilroy hope lunch was good, and church. Hope snow not bad when you started for home. Hope Software guys actually tried to make your lives easier.
Buppires hope, rain done before big cold gets there. I am trying to get rest, just having limited success, Dr appointment went well. Prayers sent.
Thomas hope snow control went well.
Plowhog hope the shotgun is in good shape, and the down ejection works for her.
Don Hospice does look better. He is older than any cat I had.
Mike hope you can get to a normal soon.
Frits sounds like your day has started. 2 weeks long time to be in coma.I can understand unable to help would be devastating.
Scott(vt) hope the worst of the ice melts soon. Thanks for your prayers.
Ken Glad some progress on sheetrock, hope store run was good. Old people's funerals are bad enough, but kids are far worse.
Paul sorry nose running, have ongoing runny nose for a while. Hope you had replacement pilot. Hope some progress on speaker. Prayers nose does run for long.
Drew enjoy your snow watching and melting. Nice pic
RNG enjoy the popcorn popper. Glad you were able to catch up with old friend. Hope you got the spraying done'
Don had not heard of rebound Covid, hope brother recovers soon.
Helo yes ther are medicinal uses for alcohol. Easier to sell it to wife when you believe it 100%
David sorry weather not good for mowing or work on no start Scag. Hope the HH with SEA and Indian food was good and not too spicy.
Chris think of how nice the seat time was. Hope you can find motivation.
Drew glad you got school board work done, thought you timed out on that. Last bit sounds like cruel and unusual punishment ;)
Dennis working on site must be fun.
Dennis good to hear Christmas lights done. Hope you can achive improvement with new IP camera and changes to cabling.
Don good luck getting Phil's work.
Scott(vt) enjoy your grandkid time, they grow up so fast and The GGD are even faster :(
Phil sorry about the blower. Hope they can repair for less than new.
Thomas glad you had good day.
Lou nice snow amount, hope nice seat time to get it under control. Having two tractors is cheating ;) Nice pics
Ted sorry it took so long tp get snow under control, hope you got warmed back up.
Don thanks for update on brother.
Randy(wag) glad you got some rain, hope maintenance went well.
Bill enjoy your storm.
More catch up tomorrow.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,764  
I love it! Just took the dog out for his final pee, and big fluffy flakes were coming down rapidly. Looks very nice. Looking forward to using the tractor’s snowblower tomorrow. Hopefully we get as much as a foot.

(For those of you, that don’t know, I’m just a little bit south of L4N.)
You are about 65.9 miles south and east of me, according to

/ Good morning!!!! #183,768  
Grocery shopping at Walmart can save significant money.
A lot of Walmart brand food I just don't like. Most of my family does though.

Cheese - to me great value cheese is horrible. GV bread tastes bad and seems stale no matter what the date is on it. Their chips are not worth half the price they charge.

I have found in some Walmart stores that when they are having a big sale on some items like sliced lunch meat from the deli, you better watch those "best by" dates real close or you may pick up some expired meat or very close to expiring.

Now one thing they get right is frozen biscuits. Those are the best frozen biscuits I've ever had and they are as good as homemade biscuits. The convenience factor of being able to pull one or two out at a time and cook them in the toaster oven is just an added plus.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,769  
From the weather reports I'm seeing it looks like Tuesday will tell the tale of this years bad winter weather. It is predicted to be dwn to 16f that night and the high will only be 29f that day.

So if we make it through Tuesday we are probably good.

Meanwhile Santa Monica is seeing lows in the mid 40's and highs in the mid 60's. I love their weather!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,770  
Drinking hot coffee. 28° with cloudy skies and wind. Heading to 24° with more snow. Got Sassy's dog license renewed for next 3 years yesterday. Cleaned up shop. Then it started to snow. Over 6" with some rain on top of it. Going to be fun cleaning it up today.
Got Snow!
sdCHgG4.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.