Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,791  
64°F and .42 inches rain. A bit drier and not raining as I type this this morning

Took advantage of the longer rain breaks to start on my pump exchange. a challenge. I have 2 pumps that can be run in tandem , share common plumbing. The new pump has a built in control panel which will allow for programming speed and runtimes. Position of that panel requires the 2 pumps swap position. Although ports are same size, they are not located same distance as old pump. So while I thought I had the rearrangement figured out, there is a spacing problem between pumps. I may have to repipe both draw and return lines from scratch. Problem is the DC pump draw port connector has to be reused pretty much as is due to it’s glued. More thinking before cutting.

Probably watch some football today, interspersed with visits to pumps.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #182,792  
I hope you all have a blessed Christmas. Me and the wife are haggling on when we will leave for the 2 hour trip to go to my mom's. A lot of foot dragging.....we plan to go to the Texas Roadhouse for a big meal then take my mom to Christmas Eve service at 7pm.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,794  
Good Christmas eve morning. Sunny and bright today 65º expected. Was out getting some driving footage in the Cobra yesterday. It was cloudy and cool. Today should be nicer. I'm going to try a different location and camera wind sock aka dead cat noise suppressor today. Hope it doesn't muffle the pipes.
I changed the diesel heater glow plug this am and refilled with clean fuel, no waste oil. Seems to be running fine. See the Chinese Diesel Heater thread for a little more on that.
I hope you all have a blessed holiday.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #182,795  
Ron, I finally found Eddie Walkers thread for the Octoberfest get together, with his help of course !
Here is a picture of Kathleen and myself sending some Vermont maple syrup to East Texas in 2007 !
TxDon was there, Kyle couldn’t make it because of a new family addition ! Of course others were there also ! It was going to bother me until I found it ! We hadn’t put the addition on the house at that point !
My wife and I were there.
A branding iron was made for a memory of the get together.
Here is mine. It sets at entrance to my shop. I was much younger then also.
IMG_1057.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #182,796  
Good Christmas Eve afternoon! 67˚F mostly sunny after a night of heavy rains 2.7". Tonight the winds will change coming from the North and we will cool down to the 40s by Christmas Morning!
With Mom's passing this year the traditional Christmas has ended for us. Time to start new traditions.

Later today we will make Christmas Tamales and will also make a cranberry sauce topping for them.

Knee has been feeling pretty good, even after the mile walk each evening. This is the 2 month mark. I guess BOI knows what he is doing.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,797  
Prayers Don and family.

The rain soaked the ground enough for a big oak tree to fall over from our side into the neighbor's driveway. We were about to leave to go visit my mom when I noticed it. So I had to go back get the tractor out, air up the tires, gas up the chainsaws, and get the son to help.
IMG_20231224_123207100.jpg

IMG_20231224_124639341_HDR.jpg

I pruned it as much as I thought necessary.
IMG_20231224_124911448_HDR.jpg

Then I picked it up with the front end loader and shoved it over the fence. The fields are way too muddy now to take the tractors in there to pick it up.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,798  
Way back when, in the DJ days, I rigged all the speakers I built with XLR connectors.

Yup. “Back in the day” XLR’s were commonly used as speaker connectors on higher quality gear instead of the phone plugs on lower quality stuff.
With the advent of kw and multi kw amps neither was up to the task of the higher current, and phone plugs had te additional problems of exposed contacts and shorting while being plugged in. The required a new connector, and that’s where the Speakon came in.
IMG_3492.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #182,799  
A later Good Morning Guys,
Helo the baking looks wonderful and I’m sure the aroma from the kitchen is even better ! Kochen in der Kuche ! 😉

Ron, I finally found Eddie Walkers thread for the Octoberfest get together, with his help of course !
Here is a picture of Kathleen and myself sending some Vermont maple syrup to East Texas in 2007 !
TxDon was there, Kyle couldn’t make it because of a new family addition ! Of course others were there also ! It was going to bother me until I found it ! We hadn’t put the addition on the house at that point !

Well I was a lot younger looking back then ! 😂

PopG,
There’s a little smoking going on here today ! 🍺
Yup, my daughter was born Sep 27, 2007. I was sad to miss it, but also full of joy for the new daughter.

That was probably the best maple syrup in the state while it lasted. I often wonder how Jim's wife is doing...

/ Good morning!!!! #182,800  
Yup. “Back in the day” XLR’s were commonly used as speaker connectors on higher quality gear instead of the phone plugs on lower quality stuff.
With the advent of kw and multi kw amps neither was up to the task of the higher current, and phone plugs had te additional problems of exposed contacts and shorting while being plugged in. The required a new connector, and that’s where the Speakon came in.
View attachment 840265
Where can one acquire them?
I have two NIKKO Alpha 230s I want to run off my NIKKO Beta 30 pre-amp, probably set up 4 Cerwin-Vega bookshelf speakers. Should be doable, I think.
Any comments on this setup +/-?

Last edited: