What did you buy this week?

/ What did you buy this week? #241  
Thank goodness for cashiers that can't do math.
Went to Mark's Work Warehouse, guessing only in Kanuckistan, to get a coat, big sale going on.
Found one for $69.99 less 25%. We have 13% sales tax. In my head I had calculated just under $60. I have my 3 $20 in my hand She says $79 and change.
What? No.
It's on sale. She goes checks the rack. Sign in wrong place but she'll let me have it with discount.
She comes up with$75 dollars.
Wrong.
Give me a pen and paper. I show her it's $59.32.
Back to the till. Comes up with a different number. Blames the computer.
Lineup behind me building.
She's flustered, admits she can't do math.
Re-enters the jacket again. Now it's coming up $38 taxes in.
She lets me have it.
Bonus today is every purchase gets a free pair of copper sole polar socks that sell for $15 a pair.
She wasn't even blonde.
I also got a $5 credit on my points card for purchases over $60. :LOL:

Great story.

No doubt the cashier should be paid a “living wage” for all her hard work.

/ What did you buy this week? #242  
Picked up a pressure washer at TSC, it was on sale, made in USA.

1212231157.jpg

/ What did you buy this week? #243  
Expanded the shop by adding a 12' X 20' office/stained glass design studio (she-shed). Added a sink with hot/cold water for cleaning the glass projects after soldering and a heater for the 30' X 40' main shop to keep the new plumbing from freezing. Plus side is now my small part of the shop is heated.

/ What did you buy this week? #244  
Humph!!! Bought my Christmas present two days ago. Oral surgery - had a wisdom tooth removed. It was quick - it's completely painless - it's expensive.

I'm now in the recovery phase. However - it's certainly nice to no longer have all that pain.

/ What did you buy this week? #246  
Humph!!! Bought my Christmas present two days ago. Oral surgery - had a wisdom tooth removed. It was quick - it's completely painless - it's expensive.

I'm now in the recovery phase. However - it's certainly nice to no longer have all that pain.
I only have one left.

/ What did you buy this week? #248  
Thank goodness - that was my last one. Over the last ten years they have all given me trouble and have been removed. I had just settled in for a long gruesome bought on this last one. The oral surgeon looked down at me and said - " ALL DONE". Was I EVER surprised. He had showed me the x-ray and this tooth had a very twisted, gnarly root system. It took him LESS THAN three minuets to get that tooth out. Money well spent.

/ What did you buy this week? #249  
I have four teeth left TOTAL. I'll be glad when they're gone.
Dentures are great...until I sneeze!

/ What did you buy this week? #250  
New to me Drill press after being disappointed with a New mid sized HF floor drill press that is being returned

Going to need some work- like some new levers
3 Phase VFD converter.
Lots of cleanup, but happy to now have a real floor drill press

Arboga Maskiner E 830
Power feed, Gear head, 2 motor speeds and more.
The TLB came in handy as well

Attachments

• PXL_20231228_230342014.jpg
    PXL_20231228_230342014.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 53
  • PXL_20231228_232609310.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231228_232609310.MP.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 53