Anyone have a Christian Medshare policy?

/ Anyone have a Christian Medshare policy? #12  
There are also some severe pre-existing condition requirements.

Do your homework.

/ Anyone have a Christian Medshare policy? #13  
My brother is a vet but his wife has been on Medishare for almost a decade. Fortunately she has been very healthy and has used it only a little and they really like it. It has saved them a lot of money versus regular insurance. They say that only once did their monthly plus the share get as high as what an insurance monthly premium and most of the time it is about half of what the insurance premium would be. They have friends that are on it as well and some have used it a lot and they say they do not know anybody who went back to regular insurance.

/ Anyone have a Christian Medshare policy? #14  
That’s the program where you and the other members pray you don’t get sick.

/ Anyone have a Christian Medshare policy? #16  
Any organization that uses "Christian" in their name is one to avoid like the plague.

I lived near a small town almost dominated by a Bible School which brought in students/camps/seminars from far and near. Anecdotally, some of the shadiest business men in town claimed to be religious and wore it on their sleeves. I think they found that appealing to their clients' religious views built unwarranted trust from their clients. Personally, I think if you are truly religious, people know that from your walk, not your talk. So I interpreted this comment as calling out opportunists rather than criticizing religion.

/ Anyone have a Christian Medshare policy?
I've trying to google and find a good reputable review and discussion of the medshare principle and policies. I usually like to find something from the Wall Street Journal, they seem to be one of the most unbiased sources for most things.

Anyway, as others have said, do your research. That's what I'm doing.

/ Anyone have a Christian Medshare policy? #18  
I've trying to google and find a good reputable review and discussion of the medshare principle and policies. I usually like to find something from the Wall Street Journal, they seem to be one of the most unbiased sources for most things.

Anyway, as others have said, do your research. That's what I'm doing.
Sounds like a plan...

Thanks for sharing.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

/ Anyone have a Christian Medshare policy? #19  
My finance guy uses a Christian based health coverage. He's been happy with it. His wife had some major issues that the group covered. I have no idea who it's associated with.

A little off topic: We had a Cadillac plan in my early days with the electric coop. $5 co-pay and an emergency room visit was maybe $25?? So this guy in our shop would go to the ER for every little boo boo with his kids. I mentioned to another co-worker one day he's the reason our premiums will go up in the near future and they did.

/ Anyone have a Christian Medshare policy? #20  
We had great insurance. Everything changed with *****care. We had insurance but had to switch. Christian Medshare avoided the penalty. It was less expensive but not really insurance. It paid a little something.
Thankfully within a few years we got Medicare and Anthem supplimental.