Estate Planning and Trust Accounts

/ Estate Planning and Trust Accounts #111  
IMPO, it should just about never ever take a 3 hour meeting at a bank to update the current trustee status provided you have the proper successor trustee paperwork with you, and the bank should update their records on the spot. Just like your credit union.

/ Estate Planning and Trust Accounts
IMPO, it should just about never ever take a 3 hour meeting at a bank to update the current trustee status provided you have the proper successor trustee paperwork with you, and the bank should update their records on the spot. Just like your credit union.
For the moment I am not wasting more time and all future deposits going to Credit Union… just ordered free checks too.

The person at the bank said 4-6 weeks for legal to review and respond… again the only thing that has changed is the Trustee with me in place of Mom with all documents furnished several times…

Also credit Union interest is 3.75 and Bank just went from .0001 to .25

Last edited:
I was at the bank this morning and did not even ask about the Trust…

On my way out the Banker waived me over and said everything submitted to legal yesterday. I was going to say but you had everything Friday… but didn’t.

Banker went on to say stay in touch and it’s in Legal’s hands now.

The 3 hour Friday appointment never even got to the C Trust…

I’m sure this is only the beginning.

I did mention in parting that I’m sure she can understand the Fudiciary duty I have as Trustee and not being able to access the US Bank accounts has made the situation untenable…

Last edited:
   / Estate Planning and Trust Accounts #114  
An appropriately worded follow up letter via certified mail to the banker in a professional tone summarizing situation, having to set up appointment, 3 hours with no resolution in sight, and it's still off to legal with indefinite time for resolution, but requesting immediate correction of state of affairs in order to meet fiduciary obligations puts them in the position of having to respond and establishes good factual basis for the intervention of a judge if needed later. Not necessary to threaten suit or give deadlines because they should have already made this correction.

I'd be thinking about moving every account I could move ASAP in my personal opinion. YMMV and your lawyer may have other thoughts.

/ Estate Planning and Trust Accounts #115  
An appropriately worded follow up letter via certified mail to the banker in a professional tone summarizing situation, having to set up appointment, 3 hours with no resolution in sight, and it's still off to legal with indefinite time for resolution, but requesting immediate correction of state of affairs in order to meet fiduciary obligations puts them in the position of having to respond and establishes good factual basis for the intervention of a judge if needed later. Not necessary to threaten suit or give deadlines because they should have already made this correction.
It will go to the waste basket. At best, the guy apologies off the record for being idiots to work with.

After you pull all your money out, the best thing to do is leave a glowing review online as to why you left.

/ Estate Planning and Trust Accounts #116  
If beholden to them on the loan side of things, maybe not the best plan.

Banks run on paperwork. She'll send to legal who should immediately read between the lines where this is headed.

No loans beholding… just convenient location to have my business checking…

I have hired two tellers working part time when they graduated Nursing school and became RN’s in the past. Working in the bank was not their career… one asked me why US Bank and I said by default… I very much liked my Bank and then US Bank took it over plus locations are convenient for me.

I’m good a letters… just question if writing to anyone at the branch level would be productive… my guess is it would need to be regional or corporate but it seems like banks are odd unless I involved regulators and cc the branch/corp.

I once had a congessmans office and local TV consumer reporter involved helping an elderly homebound widow when her husband passed and she was not able to come in due to poor physical health but yet very sharp… negative media publicity or the promise of can do wonders to get someone’s attention.

Anyone in banking think a formal letter to the branch manager would help… she is brand new just started a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
   / Estate Planning and Trust Accounts #118  
Start at the top and work your way down. Our house sits 700' down a well-groomed drive, plainly visible. House and the garage driveway are well lit. I had an issue with UPS leaving packages, especially after dark, at the street instead of coming down the drive to the house. Did a little research and found the email address for the CEO, Carol B. Tome. Sent a very nice email explaining the situation and how I wished to avoid having to handle the situation through an avenue like social media. I receive a call and email from her Executive Assistant, the Regional Manager, and the Branch Manager. Have not had an issue since.

Email Address

Mr. Andrew Cecere has been heading the role of company’s CEO and Chairman since year 2018. If you wish to contact him, you can send your request or concern by email. Please take a note of the official email of Mr. Andrew Cecere: Andrew.Cecere@usbank.com.

It’s definitely worth a try… thank you!

Getting the attention of the right person can move mountains…

A letter to the President of Toyota got us a personal invitation to walk the line as moms car was built… definitely a top 10 moment when thousands of people at the factory cheering for us… Red Carpet VIP for the day.

Last edited:
Update… letter sent.