Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - engine keeps cutting out when not choked

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - engine keeps cutting out when not choked
Have you confirmed good spark and compression when hot? I would check those items since you have been through the carb. I believe Kawasaki has individual spark units so one cylinder can get weak spark when hot.
I have. I put in new coils and plugs. Will reconfirm compression. With 500 hours I’m assuming anything north of 100 psi is good?

Have you confirmed good spark and compression when hot? I would check those items since you have been through the carb. I believe Kawasaki has individual spark units so one cylinder can get weak spark when hot.
I did. Getting 120psi on both, and for a machine with 500+ hours, I think that's pretty good. Brand new NGK plugs and new coils...

I believe my issue is the carb, specifically the main jet Nozzle. But this is the first kind I've seen that doesn't just protrude about 1/4" into the venturi tube, it goes all the way to the roof of the tube. And I can't get it out. I think I can see tiny holes in it that I'd like to clean out ...just not sure how I'm going to get at them. Anyone know how to get this nozzel all the way down through main jet tube. I can get it down about 1/4" but can't grab onto it to force it down/out.

Attachments

• IMG_9927.jpg
    IMG_9927.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9924.jpg
    IMG_9924.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9930.jpg
    IMG_9930.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_9929.jpg
    IMG_9929.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
   / Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - engine keeps cutting out when not choked #13  
   / Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - engine keeps cutting out when not choked #14  
Gunk in your fuel lines? I think you said you cleaned the tank...lines too?

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - engine keeps cutting out when not choked #15  
Time to break out the SeaFoam!

;-)

I would not hesitate to do a HOT immersion in 409 cleaner. That stuff, when warmed up, is aggressive on corrosion products from alu. and it's alloys.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - engine keeps cutting out when not choked #16  
Where is the float level in all of this? The tip of the float valve may be sharp, but is it fatigued? On your style carb, the best you can hope for is the pull the emulsion tube out with a hook. Have you dropped a piece of fuel line in a supply can from the filter and checked if it will run ?

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - engine keeps cutting out when not choked #17  
Looking at the photos in post #12, I hope those are before cleaning, that carb is filthy.

Have you checked the intake manifold ?

The symptoms you are describing sounds like a loose intake manifold screw or a bad gasket.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - engine keeps cutting out when not choked #18  
Those engines have a little plate under flywheel. Gasket goes bad, loses vacuum, gets too much air, have to run on choke.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - engine keeps cutting out when not choked #19  
Get some mechanic in the bottle at Home Depot or Lowes. I fixed up my surging Black Craftsman 24hp Briggs last fall with that stuff. Smoothed it right out (cleaned the carb for me so I didn't have to disassemble it)

Gunk in your fuel lines? I think you said you cleaned the tank...lines too?
I swapped in new lines from the filter forward. Only one left is the long run from tank to filter... May have to do that next.