I know that it's gas, and gas is well, GAS, but

/ I know that it's gas, and gas is well, GAS, but #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
It sure did get those hornets mad. I don't have any spray on hand and when I saw the ground nest in my field, about the size of a soccer ball it made me think of Thingy... so I just had to try.
After that didn't work I went back to my truck, closed the windows and drove over it; backed up and ran over it again. I then put the front tire on it and twisted the nest into the ground.
I don't generally bother them if they aren't bothering me but that nest was getting big and was invisible until you almost stepped on it.

. :D

/ I know that it's gas, and gas is well, GAS, but #2  
For those agressive ground bees, I use a bucket of water, with dish detergent, and pour into hole after dusk, when most are in.
The soap suffacates them. Used several time. usually find by running over with mower, which is slower than bees...

/ I know that it's gas, and gas is well, GAS, but
For those agressive ground bees, I use a bucket of water, with dish detergent, and pour into hole after dusk, when most are in.
The soap suffacates them. Used several time. usually find by running over with mower, which is slower than bees...
I am going to try the same mix in a spray bottle to try to keep the deer away from my fruit trees. I never put up a fence because they haven't been a problem but this year they are making up for it.

/ I know that it's gas, and gas is well, GAS, but #5  
Ground bees and hornets/yellow jackets are not the same thing.

/ I know that it's gas, and gas is well, GAS, but #6  
I may not have specified, but it was yellow jackets I was battling. Very agressive buggers...

/ I know that it's gas, and gas is well, GAS, but #7  
I may not have specified, but it was yellow jackets I was battling. Very agressive buggers...
They got me good last year. 🤬 20 stings+ while weed whacking a very innocent looking building wall.

/ I know that it's gas, and gas is well, GAS, but #8  
FWIW: Our local exterminator uses talcum powder in a turkey baster for the ground dwelling yellow jackets. I didn't believe it would until I saw it and then tried it. I use diatomaceous earth. Just fill the baster tube and squirt down the hole.

All the best,

Peter

/ I know that it's gas, and gas is well, GAS, but #9  
FWIW: Our local exterminator uses talcum powder in a turkey baster for the ground dwelling yellow jackets. I didn't believe it would until I saw it and then tried it. I use diatomaceous earth. Just fill the baster tube and squirt down the hole.

All the best,

Peter
We tried DE for chiggers at my mom's place. Haven't heard if it helped. I guess it basically dehydrates them to death.

/ I know that it's gas, and gas is well, GAS, but #10  

All the best,

Peter
Interesting....

I normally spray wasp killing spray down the hole at night followed up with the propane fired mosquito fogger which most times ignites the bug spray too. Then I put a rock on the hole for a couple days.